Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits. For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium is recruiting for two anticipated USAID-funded Nigeria opportunities in Agriculture Competitiveness and Agribusiness Investment.
- The goals of these projects are to create a catalytic investment mechanism which links smallholder farmers to the private sector and to create a positive business enabling environments for thriving agribusiness sector.
Purpose of Position
- Palladium seeks a DCOP for two anticipated USAID-funded Nigeria opportunities in Agriculture Competitiveness and Agribusiness Investment.
- The goal of these projects is to create a catalytic investment mechanism which links smallholders to the private sector while creating business enabling environments for a thriving agribusiness economy.
- Supports the COP with providing day to day project management and technical or operations support.
- Provides leadership/oversight for finance, operations, and administration of the program.
- Supports the adaptive management approach, and work with staff, home office and USAID to adjust programmatic approach, staffing and resources if required based on continuous monitoring of the program course.
- This position may require technical leadership in agribusiness, agriculture policy, finance, marketing, enterprise development.
- Prior USAID Deputy, Deputy Chief of Party experience strongly preferred.
- A master's degree in business, management, agricultural science, economics, marketing, trade or other relevant graduate degrees
- 10 years or more of progressively responsible work experience leading teams and managing development programs.
- Prior experience in Nigeria is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Substantial management experience and knowledge of project management, private sector development, gender mainstreaming and working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: agriculture, enterprise and agribusiness, public-private partnerships, market linkages, agriculture/rural finance, women’s empowerment preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to lead multi-faceted teams and solve problems when needed.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Nigerian Nationals Strongly Encouraged to Apply.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550246 to apply for this job .