McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm that serves private and public companies, governments, not-for-profits and non-governmental organizations. We have 30 industry and functional practices and six new client service areas, including McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey Implementation. Our more than 9,000 consultants and 2,000 knowledge professionals speak nearly 130 languages and work in 107 locations in more than 60 countries. They hail from all backgrounds including medicine, engineering, civil service, entrepreneurship, science, business, professional athletics, art, and linguistics.
Who You'll Work With
- You will be based out of our Lagos office and will be part of the Petroleum Asset eXcellence (PAX) unit, a new venture within McKinsey's Oil & Gas Practice. PAX is part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey’s New Ventures.
- Your work will directly contribute to increasing the value of Upstream assets and turnaround operational performance. McKinsey's renowned advisory, combined with specialized expertise in reservoir / well management, drilling, production optimization, onshore / offshore operations and asset management, allows PAX to integrate with the existing asset team to address current business and performance challenges - to maximize and realize the intrinsic value of the asset, whilst improving capabilities and sustaining change.
- You will be at the forefront of PAX's expansion into Africa, following the successful entry in the Americas, Asia and Europe.
- McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solution, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
- As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we’re hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
- You will apply your industry experience to support clients and provide expertise and support to our client teams.
- You will work as a team member for specific client (Oil & Gas) operations, transformation and improvement programs with direct contact to key members of client organizations. You will provide analytical support to teams, through the development and application of our proprietary Oil & Gas models.
- Additionally, you'll work closely with client executives, traditional McKinsey client service teams (CSTs), and sector teams to develop recommendations based on the findings and ultimately drive implementation and change.
- We expect you to participate in or lead key internal knowledge-building initiatives as well as conferences and client workshops.
- Undergraduate Degree preferably in Engineering or closely related specialty; Master's Degree/PhD extremely advantageous
- 7+ years of experience working within an Oil & Gas company, either at an operator or service provider/OFSC Upstream focused (reservoir engineering, production optimization, drilling, completions, well intervention & services and facilities)
- Strong business insight, impressive career development, and outstanding performance track record
- Proven track record of participating in or leading successful change management projects, with a focus on capability building
- Experience participating in or leading an operational improvement projects
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills are required.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550243 to apply for this job .