Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting the population with food security, nutrition, and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for candidates to fill the position above.
- The Procurement Assistant is responsible to process purchasing transactions for equipment, materials, supplies, capital goods, and services and reporting of procurement tools.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Receive procurement requests/purchase orders, clarify request when necessary and complete purchase order;
- Organize the procurement process;
- Ensure that the project codes and budget lines are accurate;
- Seek products that offer good value for money and negotiate the best prices;
- Follow-up on order processing to ensure timely deliveries are done;
- Do quality/quantity control for all supplies ordered and delivered;
- Ensure good relationships are established with local suppliers;
- Ensure the implementation of PUI procedures;
- Facilitate proper paper trail and filing of all procurement documents;
- Facilitate proper tracking of all supplies received and ensure related documents (delivery notes, waybills) are properly filed and copies forwarded to the Supply Manager.
- Ensure a weekly report on the procurement follow-up up-dated
- Ensure the price list up-date on monthly base.
- Ensure the archiving of procurement files and contracts is in compliance with PUI procedures
- Prepare any kind of report requested by the Supply Manager
Storage and Transportation:
- Support the Supply Manager and Storage and Transportation Officer in the organization of a safe first delivery of goods equipment, materials and other supplies to a second location.
- Support the Supply Manager and Storage and Transportation Officer in the overall supervision of stocks;
- Support the Supply Manager and Storage and Transportation Officer in a proper management of program stocks.
- Language skills - English / Hausa / Kanuri
- Education degree - Diploma or graduate degree in Logistics, Business or any other professional qualification.
- Work experience - Minimum 06 months with INGO
Knowledge and Skill:
- Procurement, Negotiation, Communication Administrative and Management skills
- Knowledge of procedures: institutional donors (UE, OFDA, ECHO, AAP, UN agencies)
- Pack Office and any other software
Other required skills;
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Initiatives taker
- Independent worker
- Good physical condition
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550194 to apply for this job .