Stakeholder Democracy Network is an International non-governmental organization that helps facilitate community development from a rights-based perspective. SDN operates in the Niger Delta where it is trying to help the communities affected by oil exploitation and the challenges of the resource curse. SDN has five pillar issues, these are Access to energy, democratization, environment, resilient communities and resources governance.
- To lead, coordinate and supervise the planning, monitoring and successful implementation of a project that seeks to increase women's engagement in politics in Rivers state by 2019 in accordance with SDN's Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) system and donor requirements.
The Team Lead will ensure the strategic direction of the Women in Governance project through:
- Strategic oversight of planning, budgeting, and implementation of the programme, tracking use of financial resources and timely achievements of programme objectives;
- Support the development of a strong women's interest group that can promote women's engagement in politics and challenge gender discrimination within political spaces in Rivers state.
On-going management tasks:
- Direct and supervise the programme staff in day-to-day operations of projects, in accordance with the project M&E operational plan, providing any necessary support and mentoring to ensure smooth, timely and effective implementation of project activities;
- Engage with members of the Women in Governance group and the project team to coordinate their activities.
Reporting and communication:
- Supervise and mentor project staff in preparation of activity reports and draftin monthly strategic progress reports (according to internal SON templates an M&E framework for specific projects);
- Timely submission of internal monthly and quarterly analytical reports on programme progress and achievement of strategic objectives (according to internal SDN templates and M&E framework for specific projects) - including strategic recommendations and financial statements, with input and assistance from project staff;
- Support in the communication of lessons learned to external audiences: donors, media, civil society.
- Postgraduate degree in social sciences or related field;
- At least 8 year's experience in programme management in women and girl's rights advocacy, coalition building, development; and/or related fields including democracy and governance issues;
- Donor reporting experience;
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and programme administration of grants; knowledge of major donor rules and regulations, and the ability to manage multi-donor funding;
- Demonstrated planning (including budgeting) and proposal writing skill)s;
- Excellent IT skills: Ms Word, Exc& proficiency is required.
- SDN offers an exciting environment for all her employees; excellent compensation plan plus handsome incentive and robust benefit packages.
- Availability of position is subject to being awarded the contract for the project.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550146 to apply for this job .