Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislation. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organization towards our beneficiaries.
- The Cashier reports to the Snr. Finance Officer in Maiduguri. She/He provide Support in term of field payments and she/he is responsible for archiving all the finance documents. She/he serves as a back up to financial assistance in regard to cashbook entries She/he Works within the financial procedures of DRC, municipal policies and procedures and in compliance with all national acts and legislation. The Cashier supports the Senior Finance Officer with reports for senior management in the country.
- Ensures that all documents are correct before paying;
- Ensures that payment request/receipts are properly documented
- Ensures that payments correspond to receipts and payment requests;
- Ensures that payment requests are duly signed;
- Ensures that the cash box is ready for inspection at any time;
- Assists the Field Finance assistant for paying daily hires wages
- Reports any unbalance
- File vouchers organized by month as per DRC requirements
- Cross check the quality and completeness of support documents
- Highlight any missing documents and communicate to Snr finance officer
- Print the monthly cover sheet and attach to related documents
- Scanning of all financial documents
- Ensure that the voucher is named and saved as per DRC procedures
- Any other task assigned by the AM or Snr. Finance Officer.
- Technical College (Govt. approved) diploma in Finance/Accounting/Commerce/Business Administration
- At least 1-2 years’ work experience in the field of finance/accounting/bookkeeping in an NGO or the commercial sector.
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Excel (experience in working with formulas)
- University degree in Finance/Accounting/Commerce/Business Administration.
- Availability: ASAP
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550125 to apply for this job .