The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
About the job
- The HR Admin officer will conduct all HR tasks and maintenance of staff information. He/She will work within the HR administration procedures of DRC, municipal policies and procedures and ensure compliance with all national acts and legislation. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensure monthly time sheets are correctly filled by staff including expatriate staff, approved by Line Supervisors in coordination with Finance Department and forward to HoFA on or before 10th of following month.
- Coordinate with Head of Base on Annual Leave, Sick Leave forms, review for correctness (for approval, availability of leave), update the database for leave and file in staff personnel files. (Coordination from Head of departments, HoB, and support/training from HRA Officer CO/ HR Manager).
- Ensure all staff taxes and legislative obligations are done on time as per the government deadlines. (Constant contact with the department of labor).
- Ensure all administrative matters are properly followed up and legal standing according to the Nigerian legal systems/requirements Keep track, record and properly manage the issue and letters which DRC gets from governmental departments.
- To ensure staff requiring Visas and other legal documents are organized in a timely manner. Filing of all project related documents and development of a transparent and efficient filing system of all administration records as per DRC filing procedures
- Follow up with Line supervisors and ensure the Performance (Probation) objectives are set and filed within two weeks of the appointment date.
- Ensure all staff is given the contracts (along with the required attachment) & DRC ID cards on the first working day and staff information data is filled and filed. Follow up with the staff and obtain file one copy of staff contract along with the attachment in a personal file.
- Ensure all staff personal files are updated according to the checklist/DRC procedures on the constant basis.
- Ensure all staff complete the Induction (as per the DRC induction checklist) before sent to work.
- Prepare the monthly Payroll Leave Schedule for national staff.
- To be successful in this role we expect you to. All employees should master DRC's core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
- At least three years’ work experience in field of Human Resources and Administration in an NGO/Commercial sector.
Hands-on experience/skills in MS Office applications
Ability to collaborate with diverse groups, take the lead in day to day work situations and have excellent communication skills
Strive for excellence in your daily activities, serving as a role model to DRC’s expectations for staff conduct and demonstration of integrity.
- Knowledge of the local context of Adamawa State
- Ability to speak local language
- Previous INGO experience.
- Contract length: 6 months
- Level: SB3-STEP 1
- Start date: 06/01/18
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates please refer to drc ngo under Vacancies.
- DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550124 to apply for this job .