In countries affected by conflict and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community and connect to networks for support.
Women for Women International seeks intelligent and passionate professionals to fulfill our mission.
Women for Women International is committed to providing an engaging, diverse workplace that gives employees the opportunity to gain knowledge, develop talent and flourish in their careers.
Care to join us in building our organization?
Click the apply button.
- The Safety & Security Focal Point (SFP) is responsible for implementing security measures and procedures, and for ensuring compliance with WfWI security policies on behalf of the Country Director. He or she is alsresponsible for acting as the primary security liaison with the WfWI HQ Director of Safety & Security and any in-country security resources that are available.
- Examples of these would include the INSO, US Mission, the OSAC Country Council, and security team members from other implementing partners and international organisations.
- This is a key role of the SSFP whacts as the local threat monitoring staff member, assessing threats tthe project including Terrorism, Kidnapping, Crime, Civil Unrest and Geo-Political instability.
Safety & Security:
- Serve as the WfWI focal point for safety & security and liaise closely with the WfWI HQ Director of Safety & Security.
- Ensure that all staff and activities comply with the country office and global safety and security policies and procedures.
- An effective and secure communications plan is established and functioning communications equipment for all offices and field offices is maintained.
- Effective safety and security management systems are in place, enabling programs while mitigating safety and security risks.
- A Safety and Security Management Plan with appropriate contingency plans are developed and maintained, with contingency plans being practiced annually.
- All facilities are managed and equipped to operate safely and securely.
- All staff receive safety and security trainings, orientations, briefings appropriate ttheir roles and as determined by the assessed risks in the operational environment.
- All safety and security incidents are reported to the designated authority in a timely manner (not exceeding 24 hours) and follow up actions are carried out in accordance with the relevant procedures.
- Effective crisis management systems are in place to respond to any critical event in accordance with WfWI crisis management policies, procedures and templates.
- Liaise with government security bodies as needed to ensure WfWI compliance with security requirements and approvals.
- Conduct regular threat & risk assessments to identify security measures required in all WfWI, guest houses and training centers.
- Ensure vehicle and staff movements are monitored according to procedures and that necessary safety and security equipment are available and in a serviceable condition.
- Prepare security updates and reports as required.
- Monitor flash notices and regular reports from UNDSS/INSand share with staff as needed; attend security coordination meetings.
- Transport Management:
- Ensure that drivers follow all safety and security procedures and that drivers maintain their vehicles to expected standards.
- Oversee usage protocol of all vehicle tracking devices and report any serious incidents immediately to the CD & HQ Director of Safety & Security.
- Obtain necessary travel clearance /access permission from local authorities where applicable.
- Ensure safe and adequate transport provision tall international staff and visitors.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor' Degree in Safety/Security Field with Management or related field.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in the Safety and Security field with an NGor UN
- Working knowledge of threat assessments, risk mitigation and ability to work on acceptance strategy at all levels.
- Advanced level of understanding of various communications technologies, including VHF and HF radio systems, satellite phones, cell phones, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues and external partners and suppliers
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Language fluency in English (reading, writing and speaking) and local language (Hausa) skills are required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong commitment to tWfWI's mission and values
- Ability to work outside of working hours as needed
- Ability to travel is required.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550087 to apply for this job .