The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa and is championing the development of Africa's financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa, and the world.
- Trading Business Division
- Market Operations Department
Estimated Date of Resumption:
- The Market Control Analyst shall be responsible for coordinating activities of the Market Control Team. This position will have strategic responsibility for ensuring that responsibilities of the team are proactively managed to ensure smooth and timely delivery of market control services.
- These include market monitoring, training, static data maintenance and enforcement of trading rules on the trading floor.
- Assist in the daily start-up of the trading servers (production and shadow) in preparation for trading
- Updating of operational documentation to ensure that they are up to date and aligned for the delivery of a best in class service
- Monitor the trading activities on the floor and via remote traders to ensure a fair and orderly market Ensure that the rules of the Exchange as it pertains to trading are adhered to / enforced as required Execute the corporate actions as declared by the companies such as dividends and scrip issues on trading engine, XDB and SAI interface on their due dates while calculating the ratios involved working in close collaboration with the Operations Manager
- Extraction of daily market reports from XDB including the pricelist, gainers and losers, weekly reports and update of the website. Understanding the back office processing of uploading prices and trades, daily official list, daily summary capnets files and other market statistics and their subsequent back up
- Processing the requests and payments for the supply and installation of XNET trading services for dealing firms, and other vendors while adhering to timelines and agreed on SLAs
- Daily monitoring of the services of all the servers in the data center which include the exchange servers, website servers, the call center, exchange data systems and ensuring that they are up and running
- Extracting the market data and associated reports from XDB and validating the accuracy and timely dissipation of the reports to market participants
- Participate in projects and ensure detailed specification and testing of approved changes Pro-actively identify service enhancement initiatives and work to implement these Identify and mitigate against market operations risk that may impact the delivery of a fair and orderly market operations service Processing of the information upon requests from research students, individual investors and corporate organisations
- Management of Operations and IT support vendors to ensure a responsive service delivery
- Daily population of the intranet with frequently asked questions, acronyms, and other capital market lingo
- Creation and maintenance of mailing accounts for members of staff and providing support when necessary, both on the blackberry and on the desktop
- Ability to understand all the processes involved in the upload and production of all market data
- Ensure the Exchange operates a high availability, robust and high permanent technology and operations infrastructure and services, visible to both internal and external stakeholders
- Continually assist in training the newly qualified stockbrokers on Automated Trading System
- Ensuring the documentation of market statistics including price movement, capitalization, Index, deals, and corporate actions for historical and research purposes. Actively manage deviations
- Ensuring that all the results and notices from companies are published to the market, uploaded on the website, manage subscribers and ensure that the stockbrokers access their trading statements after each trading day
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Data Gathering and Analysis
- Data Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Attention to Detail
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Oral)
- Inter-Personal Relations
Qualifications And Experience
- Minimum 2 years post NYSC Job experience
- First Degree in Computer Science, Economics or any of the relevant sciences
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550084 to apply for this job .