As a company, we feel a deep sense of purpose and pride in knowing that through our work we have the power to change Africa and the world.
Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast growing Software company with a vision to build an enduring organization with an ecosystem of value creators- while delivering high impact technology solutions for emerging markets through a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation.
Our team is made up of smart and driven people who want to use technology to make a big difference in the world.
We’re always in search of partners and volunteers with that same vision.
If that sounds like you, find your fit in our team.
- We are looking for an Infrastructure Support Specialist to maintain, upgrade and manage on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role.
- You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly.
- You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
- Your goal will be to ensure that our server infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Hardware, Network, & Infrastructure
- Flexibility & Open working conditions.
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- We welcome applications from junior to mid-level candidates with the following set of skills and experience:
- Demonstrate an understanding of Server Operating systems
- Work with cloud-based technologies and architecture
- Demonstrate an understanding of networking administration and concepts
- Familiar with Virtualization technology.
- General knowledge of system administration (Microsoft Windows and Linux)
- Ability to create and write clear, complete documentation including policies/procedures and diagrams
- Ability to adhere to a Change Management Process based on the ITIL framework
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate in a team environment.
Job Competencies And Capabilities
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, related field or related work experience.
- MCSA certification preferable.
- CCNA/CCNP certification preferable.
- Knowledge of Windows Server and Mac OS X Server products.
- Knowledge of Exchange and SMTP.
- Knowledge of directory services, Active Directory and Open Directory.
- Listening and Communication Skills.
- People/Interpersonal Skills.
- Organizational Skills.
- Good time management Skills
- Calm and patient; not easily angered.
- Highly organized and efficient; able to multi-task effectively and prioritize work based on the minimal direction and multiple competing priorities
- Can-do approach
- Discreet and respects confidentiality
- Integrity and high personal ethical standards.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550076 to apply for this job .