United Purpose is an international development organisation that supports communities living in poverty to secure prosperous, independent and sustainable futures.
Our purpose is to tackle poverty and inequality, by enabling people to improve their lives for the longer term.
We're changing the world - and you can be part of it.
If you've got passion, determination and the skills we need to help provide people with the opportunity to end poverty, we want to hear from you.
- Finance Officers and Grant accountants all based in Nigeria
- United Purpose seeks a Country Finance Manager to manage and further develop an existing substantial programme.
- The post offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced and dynamic individual to make a significant contribution to the organization’s work.
- We seek exceptional interpersonal and strong accounting and financial management. Working within a motivated team of staff and alongside local partners, government and private sector, the candidate will have several years representational and project management experience.
- A positive disposition, can-do attitude, strategic, analytical and leadership skills are essential.
- In this role, you will provide the Country Director and SMT with a range of financial and business support and ensure all finance activity is consistent with corporate policy and guidelines, and abide by donor compliance. You will produce timely and accurate management accounts information for both Core and project management.
- You would provide effective leadership and reliable management support to the finance and grant team and other partnerships in Nigeria.
- You would be responsible for proposal development and ensuring accurate and complete financial reports required for donors and other stakeholders.
- You will work closely with UK Finance team with other organizational priorities as they arise – including the development of new accounting system, review Risk Matrix and update organization policy and procedure.
- To prepare annual Nigeria programme budget (core and restricted funding); Revised Budget and regular forecasting.
- To perform monthly and/or quarterly balance sheet reconciliation on BS accounts.
- To ensure that effective and secure budgetary control of the programme’s finances and expenditures are established and maintained, seeking cost-effective ways of operating and identifying cost savings.
- To monitor project finances on a monthly basis and liaise with Programme Managers and Country Director
- To comply with United Purpose’s policies and practice with respect to the protection of children and vulnerable adults and other relevant policies and procedures.
- To provide UKO with the information required for annual group audited accounts.
- To prepare monthly management accounts for budget holders and to the UK office.
- To prepare payroll in liaison with Office Manager.
- To lead the development and roll-out of new accounting systems, processes and procedure to improve reporting and internal controls.
- Managing, coaching and supervising of 2x grant accountants and 3x Finance officers.
- Managing internal control environment and working strongly with the Internal Auditor.
- To prepare financial reports for donors, in accordance with donor requirements.
- To ensure MOUs, completed due diligence report and funding-specific sub-contracts are in place with all partners for all projects.
- To ensure systems, procedures, compliance and risk management are maintained to the highest standard.
- To monitor the funds transferred to partner organizations and to ensure partners have adequate financial systems and controls.
- To ensure that systems are in place for the effective management of resources in relation to finance, transport, supplies and capital assets, including maintenance of assets, register and vehicle logbooks.
- Accountancy qualification/or equivalent experience of accounting in the NGO sector.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Commitment to the values and mission of United Purpose.
- Self-starter, capable of innovatively developing the programme.
- Line management experience in a small to medium sized team.
- Willingness and ability to travel to the field to work with partners.
- Determined hard worker, capable of rapid and quality turn around on a high workload and multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail and a flexible approach to work.
- Excellent communication and team-working skills, with the ability to build good relations, both internally and externally.
- Excellent planning, coordination and prioritization skills.
- Positive outlook and standalone disposition.
- Commitment to and experience of working with local NGOs and institutions.
- Strong skills and experience with Excel or comparable spreadsheet & accounts packages.
- Well developed interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Training & skills transferability including one to one coaching.
- Proven ability both to solve complex accounting problems and communicate effectively on these with non-specialist staff.
- Experience of complex and major donor financial reporting; compliance and auditing requirements.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Competitive with comprehensive benefits package.
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a Cover Letter are indicating your suitability for the role
- All applications will be acknowledged but only successful applications will be contacted further interactions.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550037 to apply for this job .