Fadac Resources - Our Client is a Microfinance Bank which offers comprehensive, affordable, dependable and specialized financial solutions to enterprising and burgeoning small and medium-size enterprises in Nigeria.
- Manage operations of audit department to ensure achievement of set objectives and goals
- Reviewing and advising the management on reliability, adequacy, efficiency, the effectiveness of internal control.
- Overseeing and ensuring preparation of timely Audit reports to the Board Audit Committee and provide progress reports regarding action taken by management.
- Conduct Audits in accordance with the approved internal audit plan.
- Determining process and procedures are adequate to prevent and detect fraud, suppression, theft or misappropriation of funds.
- Carrying out constant checks to ensure adherence to internal control policies and procedure on segregation of duties.
- Carry out audit investigation of each unit in accordance with the approved audit plan.
- Report on Anti-Money Laundering policy of CBN, NDIC, EFCC, ICPC and other relevant bodies.
- Reviewing and preparing the bank compliance ratios and compare side by side with the regulatory standard ratios to see if the bank is falling short of the standard and give a recommendation on the way forward.
- Reviewing of daily call over report.
- Prevent and detect fraud, suppression, theft or misappropriation of funds.
- Bank reconciliation statement daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Correspondent relationship on behalf of the bank.
- Audit spot check of cashier till and vault.
- Ensure economical and efficient use of resources.
- General control activities.
- Daily monitoring of Tellers till.
- Reviewing bank reconciliations and other financials.
- Daily inspection of vault balance etc.
- Carrying field audit exercise on clients to ensure due diligence (KYC) is carried out on customers.
- Create and review business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Daily tracking of loan repayment with audit control template.
- Ensure effective and optimal utilization plan and schedule audit programmes and ensure completion of audits on time.
- Review and assess audit work done, ensure compliances with the necessary standards.
- Keep relevant and up to date financial database on audit findings and integrate best practices and systems into the audit programs.
- Check the collaterals to be pledged and advise the bank on whether to accept such pledged collaterals.
- Ensure that the customers are satisfied fully by ensuring the credit decision making process is timely.
- Advise the management and the recovery team the recovery actions to be taken on defaulting account.
- Asset monitoring and maintain verifiable asset register and routine asset scanning.
- Periodically do portfolio analytics to discover the changing trends and behaviors of customers in trying to discover the factors that are affecting their repayment.
- Effectively use the credit bureau [credit check]-XDS, CRC to discover customers who are either too exposed [over leveraged] or who have unfavorable credit records.
- HND/BSc in Accounting, Management, Banking, and Finance or related disciplines.
- At least 3 years in the above-stated role
- Possession of professional qualification such as ICAN, CIBN will be an added advantage.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values.
- Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively [Both written and verbal] with all level within the organization.
- Strong analytical capability
- Do Not Apply if you Do Not meet the above requirements!
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550019 to apply for this job .