Stresert Services Limited - Our client, a Multinational Manufacturing Company with head office in Lagos, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position above.
Summary of the Job
- Work in the transportation of biomass and other alternative fuels material eg. used tires, industrial waste, municipal waste etc. from various locations across the operational areas of the south-west to the plants.
- Responsible for making sure supplies, stock, materials are processed through the delivery and/or warehouse system efficiently and safely.
Main Activities / Responsibilities
- Facilitate the shipping of waste materials from one destination to another
- Arrange transportation, schedule operatives, and orchestrate deliveries to meet plants demand with little to no delay
- Receives orders from suppliers and coordinates inbound trucks or third party transports for delivery of waste materials to the plant
- Liaise with Biomass sourcing coordinator, waste tyre sourcing coordinator and Commercial manager industrial waste to prepare loads at the material sourcing point for shipment
- Takes steps to avoid safety issues at the various loading points and on the roads
- Liaise with the plant to ensure storage capacity is kept at optimal levels
- Oversees inventory of waste materials at sourcing location and vehicles
- Continually reviews freight costs and transportation rates, to keep costs down where possible
- Streamlines shipping and transportation processes
- Prepare payment document for transporters
Key Interfaces, Stakeholders and Relationships
- Biomass Sourcing coordinator
- Commercial Manager industrial waste
- Tyre sourcing coordinator
- Product’s logistics Manager,
- Product’s distribution manager and
- Product’s dispatch manager
- Alternative fuel / Waste registered suppliers
- The job will involve frequent traveling across various waste sourcing points in the south-west of Nigeria.
- First Degree in Science, Social Science and Management required
- Specific Work experience: Minimum of 8 years
- Transport scheduling
- Logistics management
- Safety management
Knowledge & Skills:
- Technical / Functional skills
- Problem-solving skills,
- Decision-making ability,
- Organisational skills,
- Procedural mindset,
- Ability to analyze data and understand connections,
- Management ability and Excellent relationship skills
- Sound negotiation and influencing skills.
- Self-driven; ability to work independently with external stakeholders with limited supervision.
- Talent for recognizing the opportunities for improvement
Leadership and managerial abilities:
- Ability to achieve results with external stakeholders.
- Positive attitude with an appetite for change and innovation
- Business acumen.
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV's using "Geo-Log1" as the subject of the mail.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549975 to apply for this job .