SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high-quality natural ingredients.
- The career opportunity exists for a highly skilled Network Engineer in our Sagamu plant reporting directly Solutions Manager.
- The successful incumbent will provide onsite and remote support to our users; will work independently and as part of a team to answer service desk calls, urgently analyze technical issues, address Level 2 escalations, work on projects, and troubleshoot over the phone/onsite/via remote access.
Amongst other duties, the job holder will;
- Maintain/Upgrade/Troubleshoot networking equipment
- Manage Day to day operational issues
- Initiate and /or participate in problem management process
- Ability to learn new technologies as per business requirements.
- Administer/Configure/Use monitoring and reporting tools such as SolarWinds
- Must be willing to travel as per business requirement.
- Handle virtually any network related work that may occur
- Remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
- General user support of all company devices and software.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field. IT Certification such as ITIL, CCNA, CCNP, MCSA, MCSE will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience as a Network Administrator or in a similar role.
- For IP networks, the network engineer must have a Cisco CCNP R&S
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure.
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management.
- Knowledge of system security (intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired.
- Strong understanding and familiarity with the router, LAN switch, application accelerator, Firewall, wireless controller and IP Voice.
- Good understanding of security, ACLs, LAN and Wireless security, 802.1x, VPN…
- Firewall Cert bonus (Cisco, Fortinet, Juniper etc) ITL Knowledge.
- Good understanding of all routing protocols (For example BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, GLBP, VRF), Traffic Engineering, L2/L3 VPN, QoS.
Key Competencies and attributes:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking.
- This role requires a motivated self-starter who can work efficiently with little direct supervision.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills quickly.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549884 to apply for this job .