Pact is an international non-governmental organization with headquarters in Washington DC, USA. Pact has been in Nigeria since 2005, and currently implements donor-funded development projects in 4 States in the area of Health, integrating livelihoods, capacity development, and governance systems.
- The Research Assistant (RA) will support ongoing activities to evaluate SAQIP’s mothers’ group's intervention.
- The evaluation will use robust methods and its findings will describe the effectiveness of SAQIP’s mothers’ groups approaches.
- It will also demonstrate the channels of change and generate recommendations for effective program planning and/or scale-up of the intervention.
Period of Performance
- The period of performance will be from 30th May through 18th June 2018. All work will be done locally in Abuja, with travel to Gombe.
- This position will report to Pact’s Monitoring Evaluation Research and Learning (MERL) Director and work closely with the MERL team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review of relevant literature
- Design of the evaluation and development of an evaluation protocol
- Review/update of existing questionnaires and other tools
- Review/update of respondents’ consent forms
- Request for IRB and local administrative approval from appropriate authorities
- The release of RFP for the evaluation
- Tracking of implementation of field work for the evaluation
- Tracking of the quality of data entered by data collectors (office-based)
- Develop weekly reports on the progress of implementation of activities.
- Master’s degree in statistics, public health, demography, or related fields; Must have graduated BSc. with at least a second-class upper division.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take initiative, think analytically, and come up with creative solutions to problems.
- Experience designing and/or implementing field-based research.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver high-quality documents.
- Flexibility and good emotional intelligence.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with diverse people.
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word, and Power point.
- Experience with SPSS, STATA, R, EPI-INFO (advantage).
- Experience working in the development sector (advantage).
- Ability to travel and work in Gombe State.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549864 to apply for this job .