Mondelez International LLC is a whole new company that has been reimagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, Mondelez International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc.
- The jobholder operates in a global highly complex and dynamic business environment.
- The job holder is a part of the team who needs to successfully manage conflicting goals/interests on a daily basis.
- The job holder should create and maintain a good working relationships with Internal stakeholders made up of Manufacturing, Sales, Finance, Marketing, Legal, QESH departments and External bodies like Cadbury Distributors & Hyper Market Outlets, Nigerian Customs and Excise, National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), Shipping lines and Agencies, Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (NACCIMA) and the Logistics Society of Nigeria. These form the network of stakeholders whose contributions and activities are deeply intertwined with Distribution and Logistics Operation.
- This is a unit-lead position, managing sales accounting, collections and credit functions of a high volume business.
- The individual must have a strong credit and collections background with extensive experience in dealing with debtors face-to-face, via email, telephone, and standard mail.
- You will be adept to recovering outstanding debt, whilst maintaining the customer-base and keeping them loyal to the business.
- A problem-solver by nature, you will be a natural rapport builder who gains trust easily.
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Monitor the credit control policies of the company in a manner that will ensure prompt settlement of customers’ indebtedness and minimize bad debts.
- Ensure strict adherence to the approved trade and credit terms of the company in line with Group practices and make recommendations for improvement.
- Provides monthly financial reports, which track freight/logistics cost. Manages and analyses all costs associated with transportation
- Maintain healthy relations with customers and internal function for coordinated workflow
- Ensure accurate accounting and reporting of the company’s sales activities
- Ensure the company’s export sales activities are adequately captured and accounted for
- Accounting and reconciling inter-company transactions
- Managing all Accounts Receivables and Sales of the Unit
- Preparation of Daily debtors age analysis report for the Sales Director, Regional Sales Managers and Head of Customer Services
- Ensuring that all debit notes, credit notes, invoices, payments and other entries are posted into all customers’ accounts
- Evaluation of “every” customer’s credit limits before releasing new sales orders
- Preparation of monthly Goods in Transit report
- Recommending the Finance Controller and the Finance Director on the best “debtors payment plan” with respect to overdue debts
- Ensure that there is an efficient system of credit procedures and controls including reconciling customers’ accounts and follow up of overdue debts. (Monthly update of overdue debts)
- To regularly follow up with customer, by ensuring an efficient debt collection procedures is put in place
- Communicate Customer account balance and request for payment confirmation from CBPs
- Preparation of Payment instruction to Bank on Customer’s accounts
- Posting of Cash customer payment on account to create room for Sales order activation process
- To discuss and resolve problems, queries and disputes arising on credit sales transactions.
- To assess debtors quarterly and at year- end with a view to ensuring that adequate bad and doubtful debts provisions are made. (Provide monthly schedule of bad and doubtful debts provisions
- Provide a monthly schedule of trade debtors and agree same with trial balance
- To provide quality and timely management information on credit control.
- To age debts in accordance with the approved debtors' ageing analysis.
- Maintain a sales cut-off procedure for revenue recognition in full compliance with SOX controls.
- Manage any outstanding reconciliation issues by maintaining a constant interface with Treasury unit, Logistics and Sales departments.
- Prepares and reviews sales analysis to evaluate company’s performance and ensure that all sales activities are within contract/forecast.
- Actively partners with commercial to maximize the value-add by providing analysis and reports on sales activities and customer related information and identify areas of opportunity.
- University Degree / HND
- Understanding and knowledge of SAP ERP
- Extensive knowledge of Manufacturing capabilities and processes, production scheduling
- Customer Service Finance and account receivables
- Intellectual Horsepower/ Handling complexity: Deal with concepts and complexity comfortably, critical questioning and ability to effectively rationalize
- Drive for results: an ability to drive for completion to target
- Decision Quality: Make good decisions based on analysis, facts, wisdom, and experience even under the time pressure
- Team Player; ability to support and lead to achieve common goals
- Interpersonal Savvy; ability to build good rapport, usage of diplomacy and tact, can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably
- Strong Communication and Presentation skills; can manage group process during the presentation, can change tactics midstream when something isn't working
- Standing alone; willing to be the only champion for an idea or position is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment
- Problem-solving: Proactive and resourceful in solving problems, offering innovative and practical solutions in a dynamic environment.
- Time management: Ability to manage workload effectively even under pressure. Ability to set up priorities and focus on what matters to meet deadlines and fulfill key goals in an international dynamic environment
- 7 years of work experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing sales accounting, collections and credit functions of a high volume business with strong credit and collections background and extensive experience in dealing with debtors.
- Experience of working with and managing multiple stakeholders
- Experience in leading key project development and execution.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549860 to apply for this job .