A non-interest unit microfinance bank requires the service of an experienced banker to fill the position of Managing Director. The desired candidate will
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the bank.
- Generate substantial deposits from new and existing relationships
- Execute the decisions of the Board of Directors.
- Participate in the hiring and supervision of the senior management team.
- Create and implement a framework for the operation of an effective senior management team
- Ensure that the organization follows best practices for internal control and risk management.
- Operate in a fiscally responsible manner within agreed budget parameters.
- Ensure sound financial recording /reporting.
- Lead the identification of target market segments and develop strategies for growth.
- Lead the business teams to maximize productivity and performance.
- Facilitate and present periodic business performance
- Perform other responsibilities assigned by the board of directors.
- The MD/CEO will be the first representative of the organization and have the overall responsibility to plan, organize and control all of the day-to-day activities of the microfinance bank.
- At all times, the MD/CEO will be responsible to the Board of Directors.
- He or she will be responsible for the formation and approval of the Bank’s strategy by the board of directors
- He must have Working and sound knowledge of Islamic banking/non – interest banking
- He must possess MCIB
- Minimum of 10years experience in the banking industry with 5 years in a senior management position. Prior microfinance bank experience will be an added advantage.
- Must have a high sense of responsibility, accountability, integrity and ethical standards.
- Must have strong business acumen, maturity and tact, including the ability to relate to highest levels of management of financial institutions.
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements
- Strong communication skills.
- Applicant must be innovative, vibrant and conversant with relevant IT tools and application
- Experience in Islamic Finance is a must
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549835 to apply for this job .