Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
- Andela’s Technology department is charged with implementing products that will help Andela to scale with consistency and quality while providing excellent service internally and externally. It is responsible for finding the best solution for Andela’s needs, not necessarily the best solution that Andela can build.
- In this role, you will primarily work as a Technical Team Lead within the Technology department leading a team of developers building a world-class software platform that supports all Andela internal products.
You’re the kind of person who:
- Believes that building great software is more than just delivering working code, that other aspects such as reusability, testability, maintainability, security, and performance are just as important.
- Is constantly learning and expanding your skill sets on and off the job.
- Can mentor entry-level developers willing to become world-class.
- is driven by purpose, passion, thirst for knowledge, and the pursuit of a better world.
- Lead a team of up to 5 engineers in developing an internal product and ensuring their team’s Success
- Encourage and promote engineering best practices within the team
- Conduct design sessions, code reviews and pair programming sessions with team members
- Identify and clear roadblocks for the team
- Collaborate with the Product Manager to ensure the code the team write matches the product and business needs
- Partner effectively with the Product Manager to manage scope and deliverables for the technical side of the product roadmap
- Manage technical debt
- Maintain a consistent product velocity and drive the team to deliver on its estimates
- Groom and mentor engineers on their team
- Provide frequent feedback to engineers on their work
- 2-5 years of software development experience
- Experience leading a team of software engineers in an agile environment (daily standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc)
- Experience building scalable backend systems (microservices)
- Experience setting up and managing a continuous integration or a continuous delivery process
- Experience with microservices architectures, distributed systems, and messaging queues.
- TDD and pair programming experience
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
Technologies we use:
- gRPC, Protocol buffers
- Kubernetes, Google Pub/Sub
EPIC Values Alignment:
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549821 to apply for this job .