Stresert Services Limited - Our client, one of the leading Legal Practitioners and Arbitrators in the Nigerian legal sector, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position above.
- To contribute to the smooth and efficient conduct of litigation and outside counsel including coordinating and directing case strategy, discovery, drafting/editing pleadings and interviewing and preparing witnesses and negotiations.
Description of Duties
- All administrative tasks required for the post.
- Drafting applications to the Courts and having conduct of the case through to judgment being obtained.
- Dealing with any matters concerning the enforcement of judgments.
- Clarifying with client officers any difficult areas and dealing with and responding to any defences and/or counter claims lodged.
- Drafting summonses complaints and indictments in connection with prosecutions by the Council.
- Attending the Court and other Tribunals and advocating on behalf of the Council in litigation actions.
- Providing litigation support to the solicitors in the Litigation Team, including without limitation, preparing witness statements, dealing with discovery and attending court with Counsel.
- Deal with enquiries from solicitors and other external agencies and advice the client of the next step accordingly.
- Negotiating and drafting Consent Orders, directions with the Defendants (or their representatives) and presenting such documentation before the Court as required.
- Attending possession action hearings, negotiating with representatives and preparing and advising of witnesses prior to hearings.
- Attending Defendants’ applications to set aside Judgments and suspended Warrants of Possession.
- Responsible for maintaining the central register of Judgments and Charging Orders and dealing with related inquiries, applications, and cancellations.
- Responsible for the preparation of documentation and conduct of emergency injunction proceedings on behalf of the Local Authority in accordance with any relevant legislation.
- Any other duties relevant for the work of the Section as determined by the post holder’s line manager.
- Candidate must be a graduate of Law with a minimum of 8 years at the Bar.
- A Master degree from a reputable institution will be an added advantage.
- Ability to handle complex litigation cases, such as trials at the State and Federal High Courts, Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court.
- Deep knowledge of procedural requirements in litigation law and practice.
- Drafting briefs and other legal documents.
- Ability to obtain evidence, evaluate evidence and prepare cases.
- Active litigation Arbitration experience.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be organized and detailed oriented.
- Excellent writing skills with little or no review needed.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and have coping skills to handle difficult personalities, ranging from co-workers to clients.
- Experience working in drafting motions, briefs and preparing for trials is necessary.
- Open to discussion for the ideal candidate.
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's using "LIT-U-18" as the subject of your application.
- Experienced candidates will be invited for interviews.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549820 to apply for this job .