The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority ("NSIA"), a corporate body established by the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (Establishment, etc.) Act 2011, is mandated to manage funds in excess of budgeted hydrocarbon revenues. Its mission is to play a leading role in driving sustained economic development for the benefit of all Nigerians through building a savings base for the Nigerian people, enhancing the development of Nigeria’s infrastructure and providing stabilization support in times of economic stress. NSIA operates three mandate funds: the Stabilisation Fund, the Future Generations Fund and the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund. The NSIA is in the process of strengthening its operations and enhancing overall capacity towards delivering its mandate. In this regard, the Authority is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, result-oriented and exceptional professionals to fill the vacant position above.
- Reporting to the Head, Nigeria Infrastructure Fund, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring prudent investment of the Infrastructure Fund in projects such as power generation, distribution, and transmission, agriculture, dams, roads, rail, airports etc.
- Build and manage a well-balanced investment portfolio aimed at achieving target risk-adjusted returns.
- Identify viable infrastructure projects and advise management on investment decisions based on sound analyses.
- Champion the valuation and structuring of infrastructure deals.
- Proactively monitor and supervise the portfolio activity, providing up-to-date report to management.
- Provide up-to-date analysis of portfolio activities.
- Provide market insight on a regular basis to share with other portfolio managers and executive management.
- Plan and implement exit strategies for all holdings in the portfolio ensuring the Authority can exit from its investment on a timely and seamless basis.
- Liaise with investment risk managers to appropriately assess the risks facing the portfolio in order to define mitigating strategies.
- Build strong relationships with external counterparties (BPE, ICRC, State and Federal Ministries), investors and gain insight into market dynamics.
- A degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering or any Business-related discipline and post-graduate degree(s) and relevant professional qualifications.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience in infrastructure and project management, preferably in a leading investment bank, International Finance Institution/Development Finance Institution or a similar institution.
- Good knowledge of infrastructure sector trends (globally and within the Nigerian context), and practical experience in valuation, structuring, portfolio management and business strategy.
- Hands-on experience in project finance and management of infrastructure funds.
- Strong analytical skills with experience in financial modeling and structuring of infrastructure deals.
- Expertise in negotiating complex transactions.
- Strong business acumen, maturity, and tact, including the ability to relate with senior management of financial institutions and other stakeholders.
- Track record of successful investing.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical standards, high level of integrity, strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- In addition, candidates must possess the following attributes:
- Proven leadership, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent networking skills, particularly relationship-building, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of the NSIA mandate, regulations and operating environment.
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) please quote the appropriate reference number as the subject of your e-mail
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- The role is open to Nigerians within and outside the country who have completed the National Youth Service Programme. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position on offer.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549784 to apply for this job .