The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority ("NSIA"), a corporate body established by the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (Establishment, etc.) Act 2011, is mandated to manage funds in excess of budgeted hydrocarbon revenues. Its mission is to play a leading role in driving sustained economic development for the benefit of all Nigerians through building a savings base for the Nigerian people, enhancing the development of Nigeria’s infrastructure and providing stabilization support in times of economic stress. NSIA operates three mandate funds: the Stabilisation Fund, the Future Generations Fund and the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund. The NSIA is in the process of strengthening its operations and enhancing overall capacity towards delivering its mandate. In this regard, the Authority is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, result-oriented and exceptional professionals to fill the vacant position above.
- Reporting to the Managing Director/CEO, the successful candidate will manage all Infrastructure-related risks including transaction and project-specific risks.
- Develop and implement an appropriate framework for providing consistent measurement, reporting, and control of risks across the Authority’s Infrastructure portfolio.
- Perform comprehensive risk assessments, including statistical analyses and provide up-to-date information to guide the Authority’s investment decisions.
- Continuously review/assess the risks facing the Authority’s Infrastructure projects in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating controls and monitoring mechanism/framework using existing risk management tools.
- Define and implement various risk mitigation solutions.
- Define risk thresholds for Infrastructure projects and monitor the risk profiles accordingly and escalate and manage indicators outside limits with risk owners.
- Interpret and analyze reports/data/information to identify possible risk exposure.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, events, issues and developments to assist/enable the development and implementation of appropriate control measures, monitoring mechanism as required.
- Define and continuously review the Authority’s Infrastructure risk policies, processes and activities, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Generate regular reports to executive management on the risk profiles of the Authority’s Infrastructure investments.
- Perform other functions as assigned by the Managing Director.
- A degree in Finance, or any Business-related discipline and postgraduate qualification(s); possession of CFA and other such professional will be an advantage.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience in infrastructure and project management, preferably in a leading investment bank, International Finance Institution/Development Finance Institution or a similar institution.
- Credit Risk experience with emphasis/exposure to Project Finance/Infrastructure projects.
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the impact of various policies, issues, and solutions.
- Need to be strong with financial modeling tools, techniques, and analysis
- Political and business savvy, maturity and tact, including the ability to relate and network at different levels of authority.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical standards, high level of integrity. strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- In addition, candidates must possess the following attributes:
- Proven leadership, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent networking skills, particularly relationship-building, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of the NSIA mandate, regulations and operating environment.
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) please quote the appropriate
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- The role is open to Nigerians within and outside the country who have completed the National Youth Service Programme. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position on offer.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549779 to apply for this job .