ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people.
- As a Service Engineer, you will Ensure the Service portfolio is delivered effectively according to ABB standard processes and safety guidelines to satisfy customers.
- Execute technical support and act as a specialist in own area of expertise. In collaboration with the customer and ABB units/sales teams ensures customer needs are understood and business opportunities utilized for Service growth.
Your main responsibilities in this role will include:
- Service Strategy: Providing technical support by identifying technical problems and determining corrective actions in own area of expertise via remote or on-site service in any Service category (installation and commissioning; maintenance; repairs; engineering and consulting; advanced services; extensions, upgrades, and retrofits; end of life services, replacements, etc.).Focuses on one ABB approach in delivering Service.
- Consulting: Investigating customer needs through professional consulting. Providing technical consulting and specialist assistance on Service solutions to management and customers by giving relevant inputs on customer requirements and proposed service products/solutions.
- Innovation: Determining effective Service applications, equipment and methods to develop, market or manufacture new Service offerings to respond to customer requirements cost-effectively.
- Customer Approach: Managing customer relationships and maintaining regular contacts with key customers. Identifying new sales opportunities, proactively communicating both with the customer and ABB sales teams to ensure customer needs are met and business opportunities utilized for Service growth. Conducting specialist support and advisory service for the Sales team. Ensuring accurate communication and exchange of technical information to the customers to address their needs and reports and follows up customer feedback to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Projects: Coordinating and performing specialist Service projects in relevant areas internally and externally (milestones, project plan, cost supervision, action steps, project reviews, project supervision) including all commercials.
- Operational excellence: Participating in maintenance meetings and improvement activities to proactively provide suggestions for product and quality improvement and shares with ABB organization/management.
- As the ideal candidate, you should have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 5 years of experience in a multinational organization experience is preferred.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate and to lead discussions with employees and managers in the organization. Candidate should be willing to travel.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English is required.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549777 to apply for this job .