Deloitte Nigeria - Our client is an investment company involved in diverse economic activities which include: Property Development and Management, Hospitality, Telecommunications, Printing and Publication, Agriculture, Training and Personnel Development, Capacity Building among other things.
Treasury and Investment role is for the Conglomerate/ Investment Company based in South West. Our client has been in existence for over four decades with very impressive diverse investment portfolio.
- To manage the Group’s treasury operations and ensure optimal performance of its investment portfolios. The individual would be responsible for financial appraisal, due diligence and capital raising for new investments, towards the development and achievement of the Group’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Manages all cash management functions including cash concentration, wires, account funding
- Oversees cash management and ensure adequate liquidity for working capital needs and invest short-term excess cash
- Manages inter-company cash including inert-company lending, dividends, and capital injections
- Establishes and maintains short-term credit availability, including revolving credit agreements and commercial paper programmes, to provide liquidity for the Group
- Coordinates direct cash management for the Group including forecasting, collection, disbursement, investment of excess funds, short-term borrowing and interest rate management
- Facilitates Group’s relationships with commercial banks financial institutions, payment service providers, and lenders
- Negotiates bank and service fees. Implements new technologies, products, and services to improve cash cycles and simplify company operations
- Supports leasing analysis and pricing
- Ensures compliance with internal controls, policies, and procedures
- Develops and monitors treasury operational policies
- Coordinates and oversees activities of investment managers, investment advisors, custodians to ensure optimal management of plan assets
- Participates in matters relating to pension plan accounting, funding, actuarial valuations, governance and other corporate issues related to investments of the Group
- Support long-term capital markets activities including public debt financings
- Proposes prudent treasury risk exposure limits and strategies for minimizing risks
- Appraises the viability of investments in financial derivatives based on in-depth understanding of its dynamics
- Serves as technical resource/expert on financial instruments usage and investments
- Defines strategy for creating and managing financial assets & liabilities for the Group
- Determines optimum mix of assets and liabilities to be held by the Group at any point in time
- Determines the rate of return and cost of capital for the Group’s asset/ liability products
- Evaluates financial instruments and negotiate best rates on investments without running the undue risk to the Group
- Evaluates the Group’s funding exposures and risks; identifying, measuring, and controlling the Group’s asset-liability matching (maturities, foreign exchange (FX) and interest rates)
- Understands the market sentiments and take advantage of market trends and information to predict future market behavior
- Utilises knowledge of financial instruments to propose funding/ investment strategies as required
- Quantifies and hedge against direct and indirect non-traded market risk and other liquidity risks
- Understands global and international trends in the cost of capital and its effect on the local economy.
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant management experience, with at least three (3) years at senior management level
- Candidates' state of origin should be within the South - West zone
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting and other related disciplines from a reputable tertiary institution. A post graduate Degree in related disciplines will be an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualification/membership, eg ACA, CFA, Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers
- Excellent understanding of Fund Management, Capital and Money Market Operations, etc.
- A proven track record in managing a mixed asset investment portfolio and securing financing for new business ventures
- Prior experience with Banking institutions and debt capital market/documentation will be an added advantage.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549772 to apply for this job .