The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture on behalf of the International Potato Center (CIP) seeks suitable Nigerian for this position
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Contract: Will be for an initial period of three years
- The Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) is a program initiated by the African Development Bank (AfDB) as part of its Feed Africa Initiative.
- The main objective of the program is to improve the business of agriculture across Africa by raising agricultural productivity, mitigating risks and promoting diversification and processing in 18 agricultural value chains within 8 Priority Intervention Areas.
- The program will be implemented by IITA in close collaboration with other CGIAR Centers, FARA, AGRA, national agricultural research and extension systems and private sector partners.
- It will involve close partnership between the AfDB and other developmental partners such as the World Bank, BMGF, USAID and others. This position shall be an Enabler within the Commodity Technology Delivery Compacts (CTDC) which are part of the Regional Technology Delivery Infrastructure (RTDI) of TAAT.
- The Project Management Unit will oversee day-to-day implementation of project fiduciary and administrative activities; organize the transfer of project resources to the institutions leading the commodity value chains; coordinate the compilation and review of reports from value chain and enabler compacts for submission to the Bank; and elaborate/implement administrative and financial management guidelines/template to be used across.
- Lead the enabler Compact of ENABLE-TAAT and ensure that all activities in workplans are undertaken and appropriate reports prepared and submitted.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee day-to-day management and implementation of the ENABLE-TAAT compact activities in close collaboration with value chain and country implementation teams.
- Support the development of young Agripreneurs through demonstration and training in close collaboration with all program actors especially within the value chain compacts and youth training officer.
- Lead in undertaking the activities of the ENABLE-TAAT compact which include: agreeing with Regional Membership Countries (RMCs) and value chains on approaches to deploy technologies for young people, defining target areas, mobilizing all actors across the value chain and designing and implementing wide-scale farmer extension models.
- Facilitate the implementation of the ENABLE-TAAT compact activities in all target countries and participate in the monitoring of progress made towards achieving the compact’s and TAAT set goals.
- Provide support to all value chain public and private sector partners, TAAT value chain leaders in each participating country and ensure that activities are well aligned with TAAT goals.
- Establish good linkages with the Program Management Unit to ensure that administrative support is provided for fiduciary services such as procurement and financial management.
- Ensure that quarterly and annual consolidated technical and financial reports for the compact are prepared and submitted to the program management office on schedule.
- Present the activities, results, impacts and outcomes of the ENABLE-TAAT compact at professional, donor and other stakeholders’ meetings.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Program Management and/or Institutional management office to meet the objectives of the ENABLE-TAAT compact.
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate should have a graduate degree in Business Management, Agricultural Sciences, Agribusiness or a closely related field in management.
- He/She should have at least 5 years of professional work experience in working with or managing youth in agriculture or a closely related field.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language with a working knowledge of French.
- Demonstrated ability to write, publish, and disseminate technical reports, success stories, and promotional materials; and
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional, and multi-cultural environment.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549757 to apply for this job .