Plan International is evolving in response to shifts in international development and humanitarian response. We are doing this so we can continue to make a stand for children’s rights. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for and respond to crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience, and knowledge
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. Having identified girls as the most marginalized group, they will be our ongoing focus as we work towards helping 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive within their communities. As we embark on this ambitious and exciting journey, we are recruiting for talent across the globe.
- The purpose of this role is to lead the admin and logistics unit for Plan International Nigeria emergency response in line with policies of Plan International Nigeria, donor requirements and Nigerian laws.
- The post holder will be supervised by the Country Admin and Logistics Manager, work closely with the Emergency response manager and other members of the programme and admin team.
Dimensions of the Role
- The post holder will communicate within Plan International Nigeria and with partners, vendors, service providers, consultants and related government institutions.
- The post holder will manage all admin, logistics and procurement needs of Plan International Nigeria emergency response and programmes, interfacing with both operational and programme team members.
- The post holder will also lead on capacity building for all Plan staff and Partners in admin and logistics related policies and procedures.
- The Post holder will supervise the Admin officer and Admin Assistant in Maiduguri and Admin Coordinator in Mubi field office.
- Ensure effective leadership of the emergency response admin and logistics unit in the related office
- Establish and maintain a well-functioning admin and logistics operation for Plan International Nigeria emergency response programme in line with organizational policies, procedures and best practices
- Lead in the roll out of new or revised organizational policies and Donor requirement in line with procurement and general administration and ensure adherence
- Consolidate and manage procurement tracker for all Emergency response procurement.
- Ensure there is a sound administrative system for procurement, storage, inventory, asset control and maintenance, distribution and receipt of all Plan materials/goods in the response - in accordance with Plan’s Procedures and Donors requirements for Grants
- Oversee the day-to- day support to emergency response staff in field offices
- Provide induction to new staff admin and logistics policy/procedure, emergency response procurement plan and Ensure compliance with Plan International procurement and logistics standards and regulations
- Manage contracts and services for the emergency response unit, monitoring contract implementation to ensure contract terms are adhered to
- Overall management of Plan International office, guest house and store in the response programme
- Ensuring that asset register for emergency response is up to date and insured in line with organizational and donors’ requirements.
- Ensure compliance of the Plan International goods-in kind (GIK) policy for all GIK.
- Coordinate logistics and procurement operations with partners, finance, logistics and procurement committee
- Maintain records of all outstanding purchase orders with external vendors and arrange transportation and forwarding services for all orders to ensure delivery on schedule
- Take the lead in coordination and development of emergency response procurement plan and monitoring of the procurement plan with the various project leads.
- Prepare reports on procurement and material movement and ensure that reporting requirements are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with Plan International procurement and logistics standards and regulations
- Ensure compliance in warehousing management for field offices in line with best practice
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Country Admin and Logistics manager and ERM or delegate
Human Resource Development:
- Coordinate the orientation, on-going development/training and builds capacity of staff and local partner staff when required in line with Admin and Logistics policies and procedures
Learning and Knowledge Management:
- Shares relevant information within the team supporting the proper documentation of all administrative, logistic and financial transactions of the operations
- Participates in global/regional projects/networks as requested.
- Support resource mobilization efforts by supporting costings with respect to budget preparation and related engagement.
Dealing with Problems:
- Ability to manage competing priorities and expectations from internal and external stakeholders and remain calm and resilient in the face of pressure.
- Manage multiple and work with distant colleagues to form a virtual efficient administration team;
- Use Plan procedures to settle conflicts among colleagues;
- Resolve problems that are not covered by established process.
- Analyse possible causes of problems and suggest solutions to get them resolved.
- Refer, whenever necessary, the case to the Admin and Logistics Manager for consideration.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Represent Plan International Nigeria in Admin or Logistics forums in the humanitarian space
- Support the preparation of reports for domestic and international consumption.
- Interface with vendors, services providers and consultant to Plan Nigeria in the emergency response
- Provide timely responses concerning queries linked with relevant projects or programmes.
- Report to the Country Admin and Logistics Manager with dotted line to the ERM
- Provide support to Plan International Nigeria’s emergency programme delivery and resource mobilization.
- Work with other members of the programme units to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery.
Technical Expertise, Skills, and Knowledge
- A degree in Business/Public Administration/Procurement/Logistics or related field.
- At least 4- 6 years of experience working in administration and logistics, with at least 2 years in leadership position in a humanitarian aid Organization
- Experience in use of SAP or other related soft wares
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in procurement processes and logistics management.
- Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Excellent writing and speaking in English language
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi- ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Plan International’s Values In Practice
- We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organization for all children, girls & young people
- We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximize long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
- We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
- We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
- Typical office environment with frequent travels to field office
Level of Contact with Children
- Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549724 to apply for this job .