Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
- The position is based in Maiduguri, Borno State and supervised by the Emergency Coordinator
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager is responsible for effective management and implementation of monitoring and evaluation component of Action Against Hunger Nigeria’s Multi-sectorial emergency program in North-East Nigeria under the Rapid Response Mechanism
- The role will work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Regional Coordinator.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the operationalization of M&E systems for Action Against Hunger RRM programs to ensure compliance with donor and Action Against Hunger M&E standards.
- Ensure proper and timely implementation of Action Against Hunger M&E tools, activities, and reporting.
- Provide accountability and ensure efficiency in project deliverables.
- Build the capacity of team members to ensure quality control of monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Support the capitalization, learning and reporting of all project activities in the mission.
- Represent the organization at the national level and promote Action Against Hunger’s technical guidelines and procedures.
- Provide feedback to technical reports, ensure challenges are clearly documented and shared rapidly for action.
- Provide feedback to technical reports in the management of the Feedback Mechanism for all Action Against Hunger humanitarian projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Statistics, Development Studies International Relations, Mathematics, Business Administration or Computer Science, with relevant experience in Information Management including Data Analysis and GIS in emergency or development sector.
- Minimum of 4 years of previous experience working with NGOs covering multi-sectorial programming.
- Knowledge and experience in qualitative and quantitative data management techniques including proficient and skilful use of SPSS, STATA, EXCEL, Epi-info softwares.
- Experience in project monitoring and evaluation with special emphasis on activity monitoring, data management including data collection, analysis and storage.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549716 to apply for this job .