Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Winning new license sales revenue in line with targets by focusing on the cloud solutions
- Driving sales of the complete Oracle Technology Solutions set (Database, Middleware, Analytics and Big Data, Hybrid Infrastructure and Public IaaS and PaaS) by uncovering new opportunities
- Develop Cloud/Database/Middleware/BI/Big Data Sales opportunities and maintain customer relationships in a specific territory in Ghana
- Developing a strategy and sales plan to address the designated account coverage.
- Defining appropriate Enterprise Sales Industry Value Propositions
- Develop relationships and collaborate with our Partners , i.e. resellers, SI's, ISV's, technology partners and alliances to define, recommend, and drive sales
- Develop and execute a sales plan that provides complete territory and sector specific coverage in order to achieve sales target
- Win deals in a competitive environment to over achieve targets
- Identifying and working with the appropriate people in Oracle and the Customer network
- Developing, extending and maintaining relationships with the appropriate Oracle staff
- Working with, and influencing the activities of Oracle Partners as appropriate
- Maintaining an understanding of Oracle's strategic Cloud direction and interpreting its relevance to the industry sector
- Maintaining an awareness of Oracle's current and future products and services, especially around PaaS and IaaS offering
- Research and communicate current industry trends, drivers and potential.
- Create Value Propositions and communicate the benefits of these to the market
- Build and maintain effective relationships with other Oracle LOBs (Applications, Sales Consultants, Marketing, Oracle Digital ...) to maximize revenue and to ensure resources are made available as and when required
- Operate in line with Oracle's business processes and procedures
- Deliver and co-ordinate customer presentations and demonstrations
- Attend to relevant industry/subject forums for competence building
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial, highly motivated, results oriented individual
- +5 years quota carrying IT sales position experience and account relationship management experience with public sector / state owned accounts in Nigeria
- More than 3 years’ experience in maintaining relationship with C-level stakeholders in Nigeria
- Experience in handling both types of decision makers on the customer side (business and technical)
- Cloud transformation experience IaaS/PaaS, technology driven business transformation and strategic outsourcing experience is a plus.
- Successful sales targets achievements and strong desire to overachieve revenue goals
- Track record of business/account plan development and execution.
- Cross-unit team management experience - international team management is a plus.
- Strong sales skills including business justification, negotiation and closing
- Ability to operate in both hunting and farming models
- Enthusiasm to learn new sales skills and technologies
- Transparency and Assertiveness during sales process coordination
- Strong influencing skills
- University Degree will be a strong plus.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical territory (mainly Tier 3 accounts).
- Primary job duty is to sell technology software products and related services in a defined territory.
- Identifies, qualifies and closes new opportunities.
- Manages accounts including the entire sales process from business development prospecting and specifications through contract negotiations, signing, and post-sales support.
- Leverages the Oracle sales model to maximize revenue growth and increase local market share.
- Builds and expands business partner revenue and self sufficiency.
- Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment.
- May have project lead role.
- 5 years field sales experience including technology sales experience.
- Ability to forecast, manage sales expenses, and successfully close new Oracle business.
- Business development, prospecting and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales objective and territory/account development.
- Experience as the focal point for clients for all sales and related issues.
- Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle*s competitors. Travel may be needed.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
- As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made.
- This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549699 to apply for this job .