The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria's most diversified manufacturing conglomerates. The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
- Plan, direct and manage the performance of all Offshore operations, including its human and material resource; so as to maintain and develop business growth in accordance with the overall strategy.
- The Shore base supervisor will in conjunction with the Operations Superintendent exercise control over all field activities, ensuring excellent operational delivery and highest standards of services provided by contractors.
- Coordinate and work closely with relevant functional groups both internal and external to optimize Logistics and Shore Base efficiency and reliability in supporting customers in the region.
- Conduct daily contractor morning meeting to review and communicate the daily marine vessel movement and future plan to optimize logistics utilization.
- Provide general supervision and direction to various sub-groups in carrying out their daily activities in the most effective manner and objectives are met at all times.
- Foster teamwork, productive effort and continuous improvement suggestions both within group supervised, co-worker or peers and cross-functionally in pursuit of organization plan and objective goals.
- Liaise regularly with various materials coordinators both internal and contractors and vendors to maximize productive works.
- Collaboration with relevant personnel to ensure all materials supplies and equipment required at offshore are ordered and shipped in a cost effective/efficient manner.
- Effective planning and coordinating with dock and transportation section, various materials coordinators and contractors to ensure all planned cargoes are loaded in a timely manner as scheduled.
- Oversees and coordinates with materials management section, service companies and vessel masters on vessel loading and unloading plan included compilation and execution of load-list and load plans on a daily basis.
- Work closely with Offshore Marine Control, Dock Transportation Supervisor and Materials.
- Coordinator in scheduling and managing the daily vessel movement to ensure the vessel port calls are in line with materials requirement in order to optimize vessel turn-around time and reduce potential wasted time.
- Review, screen and approve as required all documents pertaining to facility maintenance, dock & transportation, and radio room, CCTV operations including security service order, materials requisitions, time sheet, contract requisition, invoices etc. in the absent
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- An Engineering degree.
- Minimum of 10 year's experience in the oil industry.
- Experience in handling multiple projects simultaneously including prioritizing, organizing and planning effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Team Skills
- Interact and work effectively with other professionals inside the E&P team and with other HQ disciplines: Planning, Finance, in a timely fashion.
- Deadlines matter.
- Personal Skills
- Demonstrate high level of oral and written skills (English), good listening listening ability, demonstrate personal initiative and ability to mentor subordinates.
- Constructively accept views and guidance from supervisors and input from subordinates.
- Ability and focus on driving technical and commercial solutions.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549686 to apply for this job .