The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria's most diversified manufacturing conglomerates. The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
GM Production Operations (Asset General Manager) -WAEP Maximise value of OML71/72 (and any other asset that may be acquired and operated solely by WAEP) offshore assets across the lifecycle and deliver the offshore assets production plan, whilst maintaining asset integrity in a safe and responsible manner.
The incumbent networks with Managing Director WAEP, Executive Directors in Dangote and FIRST E&P, General Managers in charge of Finance and Corporate Services, Legal, Engineering & Projects, G&G, Petroleum Engineering, Economics, Human Resources, IT&M Support, Venture & Government Relations and SCM. Others are: Shareholders, Government Agencies, vendors, contractors and industry competitors.
- WAEP representative with private JV partners and with government as operator of the JV License
- Create/maintain License to Operate (LTO) with support from JV/Govt Relations team
- Relationship holder for key stakeholders (Government bodies, JV Partners, security agencies, interest groups, etc.)
- Delivery of current year production plan (Re-Entry/ Full-Field/FOD)
- Delivery of Short- & Medium-term Integrated Activity Plans
- Operate within set budgetary limits
- Ensure effective delivery and coordination with Functions for development and maturation of oil and gas reserves (including Re-Entry or brown field activities where applicable)
- Accountable for ensuring smooth and flawless take-over of brownfield and new facilities/projects from the Project Team after commissioning
- Accountable for preparing, updating and executing the Asset Reference Plan for the assets
- Accountable for delivery of all Asset Management (Operations & Maintenance including Logistics, HSE and Process Safety) requirements in the development projects in line with WAEP Field Development Workflow Process
- Accountable for asset integrity of production facilities
- Executing HSE, Security and Sustainable development policies within the Asset
- Demonstrate operations excellence through deferment reduction, Unit Operating Cost (UOC) minimization and maximizing production reliability
- Integrate multi-discipline functional and operations staff to deliver a seamlessly and high performing team
- Deputizes for the Managing Director as at when necessary. Key Challenges
- Maintaining licence to operate through liaising with key stakeholders: Government bodies, communities and interest groups
- Maintaining production delivery in an unstable external business environment.
- Maximising production from (existing and new) offshore assets while driving down UOC to meet top quartile performance
- Managing and prioritizing the demands between short-term production delivery and long-term asset
Desired Qualifications/Preferred Competencies:
- Minimum of 18 years’ experience in Upstream Oil & Gas with experience in Operations and Engineering or Subsurface
- University degree in Engineering or Technical discipline
- Demonstrated ability to managing a large multidisciplinary organization or projects
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage HSE and interface with NNPC/NAPIMS/other Governmental bodies
- Strong leadership and effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable track record in implementing safety management programmes onshore / offshore.
- Good commercial skills
- Good IT and planning skills.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549685 to apply for this job .