Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life.
- The Customer Care Deputy Manager is the key to the customer care team and should have a deep understanding of the structure and operations of the business and willingness to learn as the company is continuously growing and evolving.
- The Customer Care Deputy Manager is responsible for managing a team of more than 30 Customer Care associates to ensure operational efficiency.
What You Will Do
- Performance Management: Setting and evaluating team members’ performance against specific targets for speed, accuracy, efficiency, sales and quality; and improving performance by increasing efficiency and maximizing productivity.
- Team Management: Coaching, motivating and retaining staff and coordinating bonus, reward and incentive schemes; identifying training needs and planning training sessions; organizing staffing, including shift patterns and the number of staff required to meet demand.
- Managing the daily running of the Customer Care Department: Monitoring inbound and outbound calls to improve quality, minimize errors, and track operative performance; recording statistics, user rates and the performance levels of the center and preparing reports.
- Client Management: Liaising with supervisors, team leaders, academy staff, operatives and third parties to gather information and resolve issues; handling the most complex customer complaints or inquiries.
What You Should Have
- BA/BSc in Marketing, Project Management, Business Management or any related field.
- At least 3-4 years Customer Care experience, Customer Service or help desk support.
- 5+ years of management experience preferably in a call center managing both inbound and outbound calls.
- Understanding of both English, Pidgin and local languages in order to respond to issues effectively while assuring quality to Bridge's target customer.
- Experience managing people and their performance
- Experience and/or appreciation of social impact business.
- Work experience in a highly operational role in a data-driven, customer-focused environment.
- Knowledge in data analytics and research and a track record in building and implementing data-driven operational systems.
- Proven resilience to handle the realities of on-the-ground operational challenges.
- Expertise in using Customer Relationship Management and Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- We particularly value experience in extreme growth situations.
- Passionate about Bridge’s vision of democratizing the right for all children to succeed
You Are Also:
- Proactive - You don’t always need supervision and you are a self-starter. Your personal drive to succeed and deliver keeps you working when you may not have a supervisor with you.
- A detailed doer - You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind- You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver- Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging around $7 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A customer advocate- Our customers - these families living on less than $2 a day per person - never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner -You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549672 to apply for this job .