Fashpa is fashion technology company we are disrupting fashion industry by enabling African designers to easily sell their products to a global market. The company has been featured on Forbes, Financial Times, TechCrunch andrecognised by the World Economic Forum as one the Top 10 Innovative companies in Africa. Our mission is to build the future of commerce in Africa by connecting everyone to the economy
- The role is responsible for driving the development and growth of a category on the site this could be Womenswear, Menswear, Beauty, Fashion, Art, Jewellery, Accessories
- The role is responsible for sourcing suppliers who are making high quality made in africa or african inspired products.
- Responsible for the performance of the products category and suppliers of various products.
- The category manager will be responsible for a large portfolio of different retail brands and developing appropriate strategies for each brands and products
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor inventory of all supplies
- Onboard suppliers, take them through the training program and provide support to make them succesful online
- Responsible for maintaining a productive relationship with vendors / suppliers
- Collaborate with suppliers and resolve issues in invoices
- Negotiate pricing, payment terms and margins with all suppliers
- Negotiate payments days with all suppliers
- Source new international and local suppliers daily
- Responsible for executing open to buy as per Merchandise Planners suggestions
- Analyse business and open to buy with Merchandise planners
- Always be aware of best sellers and make sure they are replenished
- Work with marketing on promotional programs
- Responsible for sales and order targets weekly and monthly
- Ensure the associate buyers are merchandising the site with the best products
- Ensure the category tree in updated and new subcategories added
Skills & Competencies:
- Efficient in the use of MS Office Suite
- Good presentation skills
- Must be analytical
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and Written)
- Ability to multi-task
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in any reputable University.
- Interest in Fashion, Beauty, Art or Design Industry is a plus
- 0-4 years’ work experience in the field of business, relationship management, sales and marketing
- MBA / Post graduate will be an advantage especially in the field of merchandising or retail management.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549659 to apply for this job .