Machineyard ng is a small team of dedicated industry stakeholders dedicated to helping you secure all your heavy equipment needs. Whether you are a heavy equipment dealer intending to hire or sell your equipment, a contractor looking for equipment for a project, an agent looking to advertise on behalf of a company Machineyard is here to serve you.
- The Legal counsel will direct and control the provision and highest quality of effective legal services and compliance advice is provided to the institution in the most efficient manner.
- He/She will provide support in the delivery of corporate governance and regulatory compliance responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides assistance in the management of the relationship with specialist external legal firms and practitioners, as required
- Transfers files to external lawyers, in coordination with the Chief Executive Officer, and monitor performance
- Reviews and ensures updates to the institution’s documents as needed
- Participates in collaboration with the Legal Adviser, legislative and regulatory changes or developments that might affect the institution’s operations or Board activities, and ensure briefing of the Board to aid informed decisions
- Analyses formal complaints against the institution and provides advice on measures of action
- Ensures proper legal consultations are provided to departments/units
- Conducts a review on texts of standard contracts, agreements and forms
- Assists with the registration of agreements for submission to ministries, governmental departments, relevant administrations and agencies
- Prepares Memorandum of Understanding, bills and statutes on administrative matters and conduct research on appropriate emerging legal issues
- Provides representation to the institution in ensuring the efficient handling and winning resolution of all negotiations and disputes
- Participates in meetings with clients and concerned parties to discuss related legal matters
- A Bachelor's Degree in Law
- Possession of a Postgraduate qualification (LLM) is an added advantage
- Membership of the Nigerian Bar Association is required
- Minimum of 8 years post call cognate experience
- The role is a six months contract role and ideal for Lawyers/Legal Consultants currently out of work.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549642 to apply for this job .