MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognizable. It is through the compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
- To implement a comprehensive second line assurance function and framework for the Opco and its Board of Directors. The purpose is to effectively manage all risk exposures of an internal or external nature (strategic, operational, compliance, financial, technology, external) and ensure the existence of effective internal processes and policies in general and specifically in relation to compliance to laws and regulations across the MTN Footprint.
- The role is responsible for overseeing risk-taking/ risk management activities across the opco as well as the implementation of all aspects of the risk and compliance function, including implementation of processes, tools, and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage monitor and report risks.
- Implement the Group risk management framework in the Opco for MTN to effectively manage all risk exposures (opportunity, hazard, uncertainty etc) that pose an internal or external threat (political, economic, financial, market, international) to the business, its people, and assets
- Implement the Group compliance framework for MTN to effectively manage compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and a common set of policies and procedures
- Assist in the development of and manage processes to identify and evaluate business areas' risks and risk and control self-assessments.
- Build a risk-aware culture in the Opco by providing ongoing education and appropriate briefing and training
- Investigate and research emerging risks and trends in the industry advising management where appropriate.
- Effective management of the corporate risk and control assessment reporting process as well as management and maintenance of the infrastructure elements
- Ensure effective implementation of the disaster recovery, business continuity, risk management, and access controls frameworks in the Opco
- Ensure effective implementation of an insurance risk management framework and strategies including the establishment of appropriate and effective claims management processes
- Implement the Opco Ethics management program to ensure that the organization conducts business in an ethical and socially responsible manner.
- Implement mechanisms for training, monitor and test compliance with all laws and regulations in the compliance universe of the Opco
- Provide recommendations to enhance the Company's Risk and Compliance Management's road-map, policy, framework, methodology, and system.
- Conduct Post Investment Reviews of major CAPEX to ascertain whether proposal cost benefits are being realized and report to Senior Management.
- Establish and chair risk and compliance management governance fora and act as the accountable head for chairing and monitoring such forums.
- Develop strategies for ensuring future compliance and mitigation of risk ie. Material legislations, fines and reporting requirements for various regulators (also includes JSE)
- Develop and present risk and compliance management plans, status and issues to Opco and Group governance structures as required
- Establish a continuous improvement mechanism to enhance the maturity level of risk management and compliance processes within the Opco
- Establish and lead high-performance diverse teams to achieve MTN risk management objectives
- Identify, evaluate and track the development needs and performance of Risk and compliance team, providing opportunities for staff to build on the company’s investment in their training and improve productivity.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and mentor the team members to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of all related job requirements and accountabilities and leverage human resources career development programs for staff career development.
- Provide leadership and direction in Risk and compliance, leading the team to deliver on respective business targets and improve the overall performance of the department.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Regional and international travel
- First degree in Business Administration (DBA/ Degree in Risk Management / Bachelor in Finance) or other related disciplines
- Fluent in English with coupled with French and Arabic as an advantage
- An MBA or a Masters qualification in a related field is an added advantageous
- International certification in risk management, business continuity, insurance will be an added advantage
- Minimum 15 years’ experience including:
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise with a good understanding of emerging markets
- Experience across diverse cultures and geographies
- Minimum 5 years of Senior Management Experience
- Minimum 5 years in the telecommunications industry
- Work across diverse cultures and geographies
- Significant experience in evaluating the Policies associated with complex/ emerging business and operational processes
- Experience in audit/compliance and risk management is mandatory
- International exposure is an added advantage
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549613 to apply for this job .