FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small-scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment, and well-being. FINCA pioneered the "Village Banking method of credit delivery, now used by hundreds of organizations worldwide. Our programs reach low-income people in more diverse countries than any other microfinance provider.
- FINCA is recruiting for an experienced, motivated and pro-active Branch Manager (BM) for the new branch at Mbaise, Nigeria.
- This is a middle management position with a direct reporting line to the Regional Manager (RM) or as may be assigned and is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective delivery of all FINCA services in his/her branch.
- The branch manager is responsible for all of the functions of a branch office and these include but not limited to; maintaining a sufficient branch staff plan; approving loans and developing strategies to grow savings and quality loan portfolios; building a rapport with the community in order to attract business and assisting customers with account problems; Maintaining an effective branch budget and ensure that the branch is in compliance with the bank policies and procedures.
- A branch manager is also responsible for making sure that the branch's goals and objectives are met in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that the branch office is properly staffed and that the staff are trained to meet customer service needs as well as sales objectives.
- Champion the delivery of a superior customer experience across all service delivery points of the branch.
- Implements strategies to achieve goals assigned to the office as established in the Bank’s overall strategic plan; assists in the development of the annual budget for the office and adheres to budget parameters.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements; ensures that the office and all personnel adhere to the same.
- Keeps personnel informed of pertinent policies and procedures affecting the office and/or their jobs; creates an atmosphere in which upward communication from employees is encouraged.
- Boost branch staff morale through counseling and creating a conducive work environment as well as monitoring staff discipline.
- Review staff performance and make appropriate recommendations as well as coach branch staff to achieve required performance level.
- Provides periodic reports to the Regional Manager (BM) or as may be assigned, and other groups as required throughout the Bank.
- Actively participates in community organizations and activities in a manner which reflects favorably on the Bank.
- Plan and monitor daily cash requirements of the branch.
- HND/Bachelor's degree in Business Admin or related fields
- 4 years of relevant experience, 2 years in branch management in a financial institution (microfinance institution), with exposure to lending practices are most desired.
- Strong managerial skills and experience
- Fluency in English required Igbo language proficiency is beneficial
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
To perform the job successfully, the candidate should demonstrate the following competencies and qualities:
- An effective implementer of organizational policies and procedures at the branch
- Willingness to work at Mbaise, Imo State, Nigeria and to travel within the state (50% of the time) Enterprising and self-driven personality with the ability to adapt and acquire new skills Ability to translate knowledge of business needs into value propositions mutually beneficial to customers and the branch.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Highly attentive to detail with excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Results-oriented, with the ability to motivate the team to be consistent with performance
- Strong fit to FINCA’s desired corporate culture and values, and commitment to furthering FINCA’s mission and vision. In particular, must demonstrate a commitment to transparency and integrity
- Understands the needs of a start-up, with willingness and ability to perform duties beyond the scope of work Leading with integrity
- Reinforces our values through daily behavior and holds others accountable to ethical behavior Employee engagement
- Maintains a fulfilling work environment and engages staff based on their strengths. Mentors others to develop their skills and provide feedback on performance regularly. Responsible for results
- Takes responsibility for own actions and manages others to focus on key priorities. Recruitment and staffing
- Makes quality hiring decisions; Forecasts staffing needs accurately; Follows Company hiring process Managing People
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills. Planning/Organizing
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans. Financial responsibility
- Conserves organizational resources and works within budget guidelines.
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications, alongside their Resume, with the position (Branch Manager) as the subject of the email.
- For consideration of candidate's application, resume must be in Word or PDF format and not exceed four (4) pages.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549502 to apply for this job .