Aquarian Consult Limited - A twenty-first century (21st) Century blue-chip organization committed to providing Strategic Business Solutions that will add value and create wealth for clients.
- The purpose of this position is to supervise HVAC Technicians with equipment installation and repair; coordinates work orders and implements energy management programs.
Essential Functions / Tasks
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned:
- Plans and directs the work of assigned staff, processing employee concerns, and problems, directing work, counseling and disciplining as required; evaluating performance and/or providing input into evaluations.
- Receives work orders from office personnel, and assesses equipment and labor needs.
- Sets up energy management programs for maximum systems performance.
- Prepares and executes appropriate preventative maintenance standards and procedures.
- Prioritizes work orders in relation to their importance and/or urgency. Plans workflow, and distributes work orders to HVAC Technicians or maintenance workers. Oversees daily work, and assists technicians with problem jobs.
- Manages schedules and approves time off and vacation requests for HVAC Technicians.
- Coordinates services of outside contractors with internal work plans and procedures.
- Performs skilled work in the installation, inspection, maintenance and repair of freezers, refrigerators, air conditioners, ventilation systems, and water-source and air-source heat pumps, including condensers, evaporators, water cooling towers, motors, air handling units, furnaces, reciprocating chillers, pumps, furnaces, and analog and digital time clocks.
- Performs skilled repair on large multi-zone systems, compressors, boilers and related equipment.
- Performs maintenance on hot water and steam boilers, water source heat pumps, hot water coils, etc.
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces defective parts such as electric, electronic, and pneumatic controls, thermostats, metering devices, heater controls and anticipators, pressure controls, safety valves, automatic gas valves, motor controllers, magnetic starters, combustion air blowers, switches, and relays.
- Responds to emergency calls related to heating, air conditioning, gas leaks, etc. on 24 hours/7 days per week basis.
- Performs maintenance on all commercial units; reads blueprints, schematics and/or wiring diagrams to determine location, size, capacity and type of component required to repair commercial unit, boiler, chiller and/or energy management systems.
- Installs new commercial air conditioning equipment, coils, condensers, etc. as necessary.
- Troubleshoots air conditioning and refrigeration equipment systems and controls; determine the source of malfunction; repairs and/or replaces as needed. Tests systems for leaks, faults, and loss of pressure; evacuates and purges refrigerants from systems, recharging units as necessary.
- Maintains records of refrigerant recovery and recycling in compliance with Environmental Protection Agency regulations.
- Overhauls compressors, condensers and other commercial heating and air conditioning equipment.
- Replaces motors on heat/air units, installing new air conditioners, cleaning coils, vents, return air vents, replacing belts and cooling towers, etc.
- Adheres to all safety and housekeeping standards established by the department and various regulatory agencies and ensures that assigned crew does the same. Sees that the standards are not violated. Ensures a clean and orderly workplace. Ensure that tools and equipment are maintained in good condition
- Diploma (or GED), with a minimum of eight years HVAC experience,
- Two years a supervisor preferred;
- Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549472 to apply for this job .