Felton Energy Services Ltd (FESL) is an indigenous oil & gas procurement, operation and maintenance company in Nigeria. The company was established to supply global customers with Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial and Engineering Products, on time and at the most competitive prices.
- Currently, we need a procurement expert with minimum of two years experience that can handle our procurement needs with vast experience on foreign procurement, sourcing and material handling.
- Develop and implement processes related to Procurement/Sourcing.
- Prepare and update schedules on assigned procurement, ensuring efficient progress reports
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Build up a client database
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Follow Up on inquiries and leads and ensure that results are obtained
- Tender and proposal package preparation and submission
- Complete all other tasks as assigned.
Performance Measurement Areas:
- Procurement Management
- Weekly activities report
- Level of communication and feedback
- Level of knowledge and compliance to industry standards
- Number of RFQs converted to POs
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
- The ability to comfortably talk about price
- Knowledge of the available suppliers, the current capacity situation, and the impact of the economy.
- The patience needed to negotiate successfully
- Knowing and working the details in order to get value for the money spent.
- Understanding what needs to be kept confidential.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
Required Personality Traits:
- Attention to details
- Leadership qualities
- Ability to be discrete and maintain high confidentiality of company’s documents, processes and procedures.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549418 to apply for this job .