Heartland Alliance International (HAI) is the youngest and fastest-growing part of Heartland Alliance for Human Needs & Human Rights, a family of organizations that has been leading anti-poverty and social justice work in Chicago for more than 129 years. HAI is comprised of nearly a dozen country offices implementing programs on a broad range of human rights issues globally, as well as the Chicago-based Marjorie Kovler Center for the Treatment of Survivors of Torture, which serves individuals from more than 50 countries. HAI has significant expertise in the fields of trauma-informed mental health care and access to justice for survivors of rights abuses. It is also an industry leader in access to high-quality and stigma-free health care. Across all of its programs, HAI promotes progressive, innovative approaches to human rights protections and gender equality.
- Heartland Alliance International seeks to engage the service of professional tax consultant- an organization to help manage her tax-related matters across the states of operations Nigeria
- The tax consultant shall be requested to handle the following tax-related matters for the organization;
- To liaise with the relevant tax authorities (on behalf of HAI) in every state where HAI currently operates and when HAI opens an office in a new state.
- To follow-up with the various tax authorities on the collection of all outstanding and subsequently-accruing tax remittance-credit-notes for vendors of Heartland Alliance International in all the states of operation.
- Responding to tax-related inquiries by tax authorities on matters involving Heartland Alliance International or its employees properly acting in their official capacity.
- Secure tax identification numbers (TINs) for any new Heartland Alliance International staff as may be required.
- Processing of current-year income tax assessment for HAI employees
- Provide technical advice to HAI on the administration of the Nigerian Income Tax Plan, PAYE computations and the basis of a tax deduction, in light of evolving tax policies in Nigeria.
- Manage the filing of tax returns and associated documents for all categories of tax remittances.
- Facilitate the process of collection of tax clearance certificates (TCC) for employees of Heartland Alliance International, etc.
- The interested professional tax-consultant organization should kindly submit their proposals to the under- listed address, detailing the following:
- A letter of expression of interest, indicating the willingness of the professional tax-consultant to provide the tax-consultancy service to Heartland Alliance International
A profile of the professional tax-consultant organization, containing (but not limited to the following):
- The details of the principals of the organization,
- The staff strength of the organization
- The list of other organizations (preferably NGOs) to which the tax-consultant currently provides tax services or have either provided tax services in the past.
- A photocopy of the CAC registration certificate of the tax-consultant organization
- A photocopy of the recent tax-clearance certificate of the tax-consultant organization (reflecting the organization’s TIN details)
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549416 to apply for this job .