The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria was established as an umbrella Association for Practitioners of Personnel Management in 1968 as the Personnel Management Association of Nigeria. In 1973, it was renamed as Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria. Finally, Act No 58 of 1992 chartered the Institute.
- The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM) is currently sourcing for a qualified professional to fill the vacant role of Farm Manager for an international Non-Governmental Organization.
- The successful candidate will be expected to have responsibility for the physical and financial management of the farm and shall, therefore, be required to be highly skilled and experienced in all aspects of the farm business including production, processing, storage, marketing and value chain activities.
- She/he will also be responsible for implementing the short, medium and long-term business plans (as well as yearly review and updates) and be required to optimize the farm performance as a unit and the NGOs Nigeria Programme portfolio in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Participate in the set-up and solely manage crop production and animal husbandry by using the latest precision farming concepts and principles, thus managing resources in a most efficient and effective manner.
- Collaborate with various farming communities and large/small business owners to develop partnerships for products created from farms.
- Arrange for transport to transfer crops and animals from field and vice versa.
- Collaborate with other relevant stakeholders in the training and coaching of individuals to carry out mechanized crop cultivation and standardized animal farm techniques.
- Collaborate with the other relevant stakeholders to conduct practical exposure/seminars for farmers within the area to give advice on health maintenance of livestock, cultivating techniques and financial planning.
- Planned, scheduled and monitored activities related to organic farming, etc
- Ensure the sustainability of the farm and update the business plan periodically together with other relevant stakeholders.
- At least an HND in Agricultural Science and minimum of five years’ cognate experience in integrated farm management.
- Proven ability in the Farm Management field in keeping with the size and complexity of this position.
- Strong planning and organizational skills to achieve targets and carry out organizational programmes, procedures, and policies as applicable to this project.
- Strong ability to provide role clarity and ensure teamwork amongst staff.
- Self-motivation and highly developed communication skills to communicate effectively at all levels both within and outside the organization.
- Accept the role as a manager within a corporate farming operation and work actively as a team member in developing and achieving organization objectives
- Promote and project a positive attitude towards the organization and its objectives.
- Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's and salary expectations with ‘Farm Manager’ as the email subject.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549386 to apply for this job .