Management Systems International, A Tetra Tech Company, is an international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC and founded in 1981 by Marina Fanning and Larry Cooley. In 2016, MSI became a Tetra Tech company.
- The purpose of the Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) is to establish a third-party monitoring system to monitor, verify and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Nigeria funded by the US. Agency for International Development’s (USAID’s) Office of US. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) and the Office of Food for Peace (FFP) within the Bureau for Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA).
- The program will create an independent and verifiable monitoring mechanism of OFDA and FFP programs in Nigeria that will increase understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, quality, challenges, achievements, and lessons learned of their projects. This is a five-year program.
- The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will provide the overall technical direction to MSI’s team on monitoring mythology and data analysis.
- S/he will be responsible for the design of the monitoring plan, data collection tools, leading engagement with implementing partners (IPs) and ensuring the integrity of data and the overall monitoring system.
- The DCOP will have excellent oral and written English communication skills, analytic skills, interpersonal skills, and team management skills. Frequent travel to and within the Northeast will be required.
- Bachelor's degree in International Affairs, Social Science, Statistics, or a related field; Master’s degree in international affairs, social science, statistics or a related field is highly desired.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the humanitarian, development, or transition field, including at least two (2) years of experience managing teams and at least one (1) year of experience working in conflict zones.
- Previous experience providing technical support to third-party monitoring project, M&E support projects, or evaluations is required.
- Previous experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in conflict zones is desired.
- Previous experience working on programs implemented in Africa is desirable.
- English language skills (oral and written) are required.
- Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549383 to apply for this job .