Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
- The FSL Manager - Rapid Response Mechanism is in charge of the proper implementation and completion of Project (Humanitarian Multi-Sectoral Emergency Rapid Response in Borno State) throughout all its different phases as well as the appropriate management of its specific scope, schedule, resources, quality, risks, representation, coordination and contractual requirements and will be based in Maiduguri.
- Under the supervision of the Emergency Coordinator, to contribute to the development, appropriate implementation and coordination of AAH Nigeria’s multi-sectoral emergency program strategy in North-East Nigeria under a rapid response mechanism (RRM).
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Management of the entire project(s) cycle.
- Finalize and manage the update and implementation of the detailed Project(s) Implementation Plan (PIP).
- Finalize and manage the Project(s) Scope Documents (PSDs) such as Project Procurement plan, Monitoring and evaluation plan, Work Breakdown Structure, etc. as well as ensuring regular update of these documents in order to maintain a strong record of the project(s).
- With the support of the Emergency Coordinator and relevant technical coordinators, develop, document and work as per designs, BoQs, tools, implementation modalities and guidelines.
- Ensure contractual activities are completed on time, within budget and with acceptable quality.
- Initiate and oversee needs and technical assessments and analysis, as well as preparing the follow-up reports in coordination with the M&E Sector Manager and Technical coordinating team.
- Oversee the development of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning tools and plans in collaboration with the Emergency Coordinator, Regional technical team and M&E coordinator.
- Assist in Wider Organizational Development through Learning and Proposal Development Support.
- Master's Degree in Project Management, Social Sciences, Health/Nutrition, Development or other related fields.
- Proven project cycle management experience at a senior level for at least 2 years in an INGO.
- Excellent management, organizational, motivational and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and preparation of budgets for programming.
- Experience in managing medium to large-sized teams.
- Experience in general food distribution and blanket supplementary feeding programs.
- Familiarity with major donors reporting and regulations.
- Strong experience in emergency responses and sector coordination.
- Good knowledge of the humanitarian architecture and transformative agenda.
- Demonstrated experience in proposal writing and donor reporting.
- Advert may close before due date once we receive applications from qualified candidates
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549306 to apply for this job .