Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislation. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organization towards our beneficiaries.
- The Logistics Officer will be based in Maiduguri office and he/she will take a lead role in overseeing all the warehouses in Maiduguri, Mafa, Bama and Ngala field offices.
- The Logistics Officer will be supported by Warehouse Assistants in the locations mentioned while reporting to the Logistics Manager in Maiduguri Office.
- The position includes frequent travel to all the field Offices and works closely with procurement Officer, Transport Officer, HR/Admin officer and Senior Finance Officer.
- Line manages Warehouse assistants and Logistics assistant works closely with IT assistant, HR Officer, Senior Finance and Procurement officer during their deployment in Maiduguri.
- Maintain the records of Assets, Equipment for Maiduguri office, including all Borno field bases, in line with the Assets recording system for the country program.
- Ensure that the assets that are issued to staff are authorized, recorded and necessary paperwork exists as per the DRC policy.
- Ensure that all assets are properly maintained and looked after. Any misuse and abuse reported to the Logistics Manager and to the Maiduguri Area Manager.
Inventories and Stock Management:
- Ensure that all stock items are properly stored and correctly recorded as per the guidelines and the warehouse/stores in all Borno state are well maintained.
- Ensure that the movement of inventories to and from the warehouse & stores are correctly documented; authorized and file as per procedures.
- Inform the relevant Programme staff/managers upon receipts and dispatches of supplies and coordinate with them. Allow requesters inspection of items upon delivery for quality
- Administer the entire logistics process from the start of a request until delivery of food from the WFP warehouse to the various distribution point is completed
- Ensure stocks Reports are circulated to all Program Managers on monthly basis and per request.
Base and Guesthouse Management:
- Ensure Base and Guest Houses are well maintained. Cover all Electricity, Plumbing and Carpentry needs
- Organizing Dislodging and Waste disposal in all locations
- Engage and Supervise work of suppliers
- Maintenance and repair of A/Cs
- Arrange for transportation of goods as required and ensure accurate documentation maintained.
- Liaise with WFP for deliveries and logs cluster/military for movement requests
- Arrange for the distribution of program supplies as per plan and coordinate with program teams.
General Work and Filing:
- Implement standard DRC logistics systems and procedures
- Provide training and support to other logistics colleagues when requested.
- Ensure health and safety policy is implemented and matters related to are reported to the designated responsible manager.
- Provide technical inputs on procurements related to vehicles, generators & power systems and other technical items required for logistics operations.
- Ensure all paperwork is kept according to DRC’s policies and procedures of and filed neatly with supporting documents in respective files.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties requested by line manager, where they do contradict the organization’s policies.
- Bachelor Degree or higher diploma in logistics and supply chain with relevant professional certification.
- Driving license
Experience and Technical Competencies
- 2-5 years’ experience in logistics, including procurement, supply chain, fleet management & inventory.
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel.
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Understanding and experience of security management.
- Experience from working in an (I)NGO
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages(Hausa).
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager”.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549303 to apply for this job .