Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, legal aid and a wide range of other protection assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system in the area of Finance. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organization towards our beneficiaries.
- The incumbent will oversee the support function including the overall Ngala Office, Guest House, and Office, coordinate with stakeholders on ground and support program team as necessary.
- The positions work closely with Roving Admin Assistant, roving finance and logistics and reports directly to the Logistics Manager in Maiduguri.
Guest House Management:
- Coordinate all issue of the Guest House including what is required to improve the Guest House, space available before staff from Maiduguri book their flight to Ngala
- Ensures Guest House running including managing cleaners and security guard working in the Guesthouse. Support the mentioned staff to ensure that cleanness is properly done and a security guard is timely on duty including other roles as necessary.
- Responsible for allocating rooms for staff on first – come, first served. Ensuring proper tracking on the whiteboard on rooms taken and rooms available and updating Maiduguri on rooms available.
- Coordinating contribution from staff on matters pertaining kitchen so that the cleaner/cook can prepare meals for staff
- Responsible for managing all the fleet in Ngala and liaising closely with Fleet Officer in Maiduguri including reporting any vehicles break down, the condition of vehicles so that action is taken to rectify the problem
- Supervision of the two drivers in Ngala by ensuring the drivers are supported, the movement is authorized and movement board is updated.
- Liaising with transport service provider in Ngala for timely provision of trucks to support secondary transportation during a food distribution in camps
- Vehicles are serviced timely and refueled before fuel is below half tank to ensure movement is guaranteed whenever required.
- Ensuring coordination of Pick up and drop off of staff.
- Receiving food items as per the order and ensuring that the food items are offloaded as soon as possible, stacked in the warehouse neatly
- Updating all the warehouses' documents including Bin-card, stock cards and filing other necessary documents such as waybill, approve release order etc.
- Fumigating the warehouse and ensuring cleanliness of the warehouse
- Office management especially Offices supplies, equipment, internet and day-to-day management of Office
- Setting up staff sign-in and sign-out for the necessary staff
- Planning and timely ordering supplies from Maiduguri that is required by the team in Ngala
- The focal point for HR Administration in the office
- Serve as technical resource person for the HR department.
- Report to the HR Manager any irregularities that occur within the DRC office, staff compound and sites on DRC policy and procedures.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director/HoFA/RO and HQ.
- At least three years’ work experience in the field of Human Resources and Administration in an NGO/Commercial sector.
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Office applications
- University degree in Finance/Accounting/Commerce/Business Administration.
Candidates will provide the following:
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Contact details (name, position, email address and tel no) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager”.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.
- Female candidates from Borno states are highly encouraged to apply
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549302 to apply for this job .