Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. A truly innovative company, Airtel has shown resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
- The successful candidate will monitor and manage the procurement of Network equipment and related materials and services at the right price, right quantity & quality from the most appropriate vendor at a full cost of ownership to the benefit of the business ensuring good service to its customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage processing of Network related contracts from project brief to contract completion in conjunction with the Legal department
- Manage end to end Purchase Order process for procurement of goods and services within their area of responsibility in line with approved purchasing requests.
- Manage vendor relationships in accordance with company guidelines, to support the realization of agreed procurement contracts & timelines for delivery.
- Provide accurate information and guidance to managers and other staff in support of planning, budgeting, and goal setting processes to establish procurement goals.
- Manage price & contractual negotiations in line with favorable payment terms, statutory regulatory requirements, competitive pricing, quality assurance and delivery timelines favorable to the company.
- Generation of required Procurement reports(spend & savings report, contract management report, Single source & emergency request report)
- Manage sourcing process for recommending/identifying the most suitable vendors required for projects/tasks
- Provide payment support services
- Vendor Performance evaluation to ascertain vendor competence & capability
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years' work experience in Core Node and GSM Active Networks Planning/ Operations
- Technical Procurements and sourcing
- Analytical skills
- Strategic negotiation skills
- Project Management skills
- Partner/ Vendor Management
- Impeccable integrity and character
- Communication Skills
- Cost, process and automation Innovation
- This role is located in Lagos (HQ)and reports to the Sourcing Lead.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549300 to apply for this job .