Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client is an organisation made up of several corporate entities, focused on supporting local and international Investment through local content strategic initiatives.
- The Chief Operations Officer (COO) heads the entire business function of the company’s Leadership Academy.
- The Chief Operations Officer (COO) drives, creatively designs, and implements effective training interventions for the Leadership Institute like the Empower Nigeria Initiative Summit, delivering on partnerships like the Leadership Bootcamp with the NSE, the National Development Strategy Institute and the Entrepreneurship Institute and Clinic
- In conjunction with the Managing Director, Chief Operations Officer will set a strategic vision for the Academy.
- Oversees all activities of the department and identifies the businesses developmental needs ensuring that there is consistency with core competencies and goals.
- Plans organizes, and leads training programs, ensuring proper execution at all levels of the department.
- Ensures consistency in the delivery and application of training standards across the business and oversees the planning, prioritization, and development of new training programs and initiatives, ensuring that these programs and initiatives are consistent with the business overall strategies, objectives, and needs.
- Plays mentorship role to key personnel in the training and development department, ensuring constant development in their professional skills, and readying them for the occupation of his position in the event of his absence or retirement.
- Tasked with an analytical role where he conducts research, approves, and makes further recommendations for appropriate learning management systems and databases.
- He additionally develops, implements, monitors, and maintains both initial and ongoing training programs across the business.
- Tasked with the maintenance of knowledge in the training and development department. In this position, the Director stays up to date with the latest instructional technologies through the establishment of personal networks, attendance of workshops, reviewing of professional publications, and participation in professional industry associations.
- This way, the COO is able to introduce the latest and most applicable trends in training and development for inclusion in the overall strategy, constantly maintaining and updating training programs within the business.
- A degree from a reputable Institution, MBA/Msc would be an advantage
- A candidate for this position must have had at least 10 years in working experience in a training and development capacity, preferably at a senior position such as the Head of Training and Development or Head of Programs in a higher institution.
- The candidate must also demonstrate experience in content creation, maintenance of training processes, and the successful development of ongoing training and development programs.
- A suitable candidate will also have proven and successful experience leading a training institute or academy, leading to the proper execution of programs, subsequent improvement of employee performance across the business, and ultimately the achievement of the business’s goals by directing the activities that support multiple distribution channels.
- The candidate will also demonstrate experience in designing training materials.
- A suitable candidate will also have a proven ability to foster mentoring relationships and to drive continuous results of lower department managerial personnel.
- Communication skills are a must have for this position, both in written and in verbal form. As a departmental leader, the clarity of the COO’s messages and instruction down the line will determine the performance and efficiency of junior personnel.
- Communication skills will also be a necessity in enabling efficient and effective cross functional/collaborative communications and the proper execution of training programs in departments across the business.
- The COO will also be required to create training materials and reports, which must be clear, concise, and understandable.
- He will also have an ability to tailor the most complex messages for different audiences in a manner that they can understand and relate to.
- The candidate for the position must be highly proficient in the use of Ms Word, Ms Excel, and PowerPoint, necessary for the creation of visually and verbally engaging training materials and reports for senior training and development management and key stakeholders.
- The candidate for this position must possess strong analytical skills as well as a demonstrated passion for research, data analysis, and the insights that are derived from it.
- The COO will demonstrate an ability to carry out analyses on the performance of training
- Programs while drawing insights that lead to their improvement, and formulating lasting solutions and the development of new strategies.
- The candidate for this position must have an ability to prioritize tasks completing multiple tasks in a timely manner, be flexible and welcoming to change, have an ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision, and be self-motivated.
- He must also be a prompt decision maker, be a strategic and creative thinker, have excellent problem-solving skills, have a positive and easy-going attitude, demonstrate strong work ethic and integrity, and demonstrate calmness and composure in times of uncertainty.
Main Internal & External relationships:
- Internal: Administration, Business Development, Training Faculty, and Finance
- External: Distributor, Government, Customers, Partnerships, and Regulatory Agencies
- Subject to negotiable and totally dependent on the skills and ability of the candidate.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549260 to apply for this job .