Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client, a global pharmaceutical company with presence in Nigeria. The Nigerian office has decided to start the search for a suitably qualified candidate into vacant position above.
- The Purchasing Manager shall manage all purchasing demand of the affiliate and ensures compliance to local and global contracts.
- He is in charge of the affiliate based spends and is responsible for providing procurement support.
- Ensures the good execution of any category sourcing plan in line with the local needs.
- Develops shares and contributes to the Global procurement strategy definition and supplier markets expertise with category management and regional procurement domain managers and customers.
- Anticipates and consolidates all business needs to carry out the negotiations at zone level.
- Adapts, elaborates and implements sourcing strategies according to category management orientations coming from global category managers and regional procurement domain managers.
- Accountable for achieving the objectives for the affiliate defined by global category managers.
- Accountable for optimizing purchasing of goods and services within defined spend families to meet the needs of internal customers, in compliance with the purchasing/sourcing orientations and company procedures.
- The role may be cumulated with that of Lead buyer depending on the skill level regarding sourcing and supplier market knowledge.
- Ensures the accurate development in the iteration process of the Mapping, the sourcing and actions plan.
- Ensures the efficient execution of the Sourcing and action plan and its subsequent reporting.
- Ensures the alignment of the strategic negotiations with the supplier management.
- Ensures the compliance to contracts to be executed over the zone scope.
- Ensures local business partners’ service levels are satisfied.
- Is handling specific local needs and is a facilitator for the purchasing function between stakeholders and lead buyers.
- Develops a strong relationship with his/hers executive customers with the support of the Regional Procurement Domain Managers
- Ensures procurement integration within the business with the support of the Regional Procurement Domain Managers.
- Education: A degree in Business Administration or Economics
- Experience: Minimum of 8 years’ experience in related field.
- Technology knowledge
- Microsoft Office tools
- Result orientation
- Personal Accountability
- Customer Service Orientation
- Team Work
- Ability to negotiate.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549246 to apply for this job .