WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients' projects and operations and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
Performance Areas of the Function
Development and implementation of HSE Policies:
- Design, review, and amendment of the HSE policies and the safety management system.
- Implement the policies and procedures into the various departments; Marine Department, FOTT, Operations, Engineering, Projects and general departments.
- Develop and implement contractor management for 3rd party contractors
- Develop and review the departments emergency response plan(s)
- Advise the HSE Manager on strategic issues in relation to HSE developments.
Monitoring & Compliance:
- Carry out spot checks on HSE compliance within Port of Fujairah Including certification of personnel, 3rd party personnel, equipment etc. and take necessary actions to rectify unsafe situations and behavior.
- Prepare reports on spot checks results and keep an adequate register of unconformities with legal requirements and HSE policies.
- Discuss results of monitoring and enforcement with operational department management
- Takes proportionate corrective measures if necessary
- Prepare monthly and annual reports on HSE performance to senior management
- Investigate incidents and accidents and report.
Operational HSE Support:
- Advise management on operational and tactical safety issues to guarantee the required level of safety and environmental protection without hampering the business unnecessarily.
- Take, in cooperation with responsible line management, decisions in disputes, unforeseen events etc.
- Build up a good working relationship with contractors, various terminal HSE departments etc to ensure 3rd party compliance and smooth operations.
HSE Education & Training:
- Develop and conduct HSE training for internal personnel and induction training for contractors etc.
- Coach HSE Officer in their development
- Develop and conduct emergency response drills
- Prepare training and drill schedule requirements for HSE training, emergency response training, and drills.
- Support the emergency response organization with expert operational knowledge on HSE
- Assess spills on land or water and advises on remedial actions.
- Co-ordinate the day to day operation of the (Sr) HSE Officers team
- Ensure optimal deployment of personnel and resources in the team
- Coach and develop ( Sr) HSE officers in their work
- Assess the capabilities, working attitude, and development of the (Sr) HSE officers in the appraisal of the (Sr) HSE Officers.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- HSE certification (Nebosh IGC & IOSH)
- Excellent working knowledge of either; marine operations, process safety, construction and oil and gas platforms.
- Fluent in English.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549187 to apply for this job .