Giantability Media Network Ltd. is the publisher of the Livinghope, the foremost Christian international magazine that was established in 1997, with 16 editions published so far both in the hard copy and the electronic formats. The company also maintains a highly functional and attractive website at giantability, which showcases the Christian Blog section, the Livinghope Magazine, the Giantability TV, as well as the Giantability Forum. The company has offices both in the United States and Nigeria respectively.
The Managing Editor (ME) handles the day-to-day editorial functions for the print and online journal, including:
- Reviewing all submissions to the journal to determine if they meet the journal’s content parameters.
- Coordinating and tracking all manuscripts through the submission, review, editing, and production processes.
- Overseeing editing standards for the journal and
- Ensuring high-quality substantive editing and quality control for published articles and issues, including multimedia content on the website.
- Collaborating with editorial leadership and the Publisher on marketing and public relations for the journal
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism or communications
- 3-5 years of writing/editorial experience
- Experience in the apparel industry a plus, but not required
- Software proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Indesign & Photoshop required
- Proficiency in a CMS (Wordpress or similar) a plus
- Light HTML a plus but not required
- Strong communication skills; able to connect with an audience of peers
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Well-connected within the diaconate, able to work well with deacons of multiple generations
- Self-motivated, disciplined, able to hit deadlines while working remotely
- Able to communicate effectively via phone, Skype, email
- Proficient in using basic email, Internet, and digital formats
- Familiar with social media (recommended)
- Able to motivate, guide teams
- Excellent time management skills and comprehensive attention to details. Able to successfully manage multiple projects, work well under pressure, and adhere to all editorial and production schedules and deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills needed to interact with and elicit the cooperation of internal staff and external authors, reviewers, and content experts.
- High level of professionalism and commitment to high standards, assertiveness, integrity, and discriminating judgment.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549163 to apply for this job .