Ipas is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending preventable deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortions. Through local, national and global partnerships, Ipas works to ensure women can obtain safe, respectful and comprehensive abortion care; including counseling and contraception to prevent unintended pregnancies.
- The National Program Manager at Ipas Nigeria will work at a national level to provide technical and managerial leadership for the Nigeria program under the direction of the Country Director.
- This position is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies and work plans to ensure that program goals and objectives are met.
- This includes providing strategic inputs for annual work plans, proposal development, analysis of programmatic results, identification and resolution of challenges and program performance, application of lessons learned and best practices to improve program performance, donor reporting, financial monitoring, and personnel management.
- In addition, the National Program Manager works with in-country counterparts to ensure successful implementation of work plans.
- The National Program Manager will oversee the Health Systems, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Community and Youth engagement functions providing technical support and programmatic guidance to each.
- Responsible for managing the execution of programmatic work, ensuring high-quality project implementation and achievement of objectives
- Contributes to new program design and strategy integrating lessons learned and best practices, and ensuring alignment with Ipas mission, values, and strategic plan
- Provides technical and programmatic inputs into the development of annual country work plans and budgets and ensures spending according to plan
- Reviews quarterly budgets and expenditure reports and monitors activity budget spending to ensure financial planning is on track
- Adapt and implement organization-wide initiatives, systems, and policies; monitor for compliance with organizational policies
- Manage and support donor reporting process, including contributing to reporting documents and soliciting input from various project team members, ensuring quality and timely submission
- Conducts field visits to program sites in order to provide programmatic oversight and assistance
- Collaborates with operations/technical leads and the Country Director in reference to the allocation of resources, budgetary issues, and program results
- Leads and facilitates discussions during technical meetings for Nigeria team, and offers strategic and technical recommendations at quarterly review meetings, following up on issues as necessary.
- Interacts with senior members of other units to meet their objectives, share the progress of work, resolve problems, and find alternate workable strategies
- Liaises with headquarters Program Support Team on the implementation of program work plans, field-level challenges, budget review, and development of proposals and donor reports
- Supports the Country Director to develop and maintain strong relationships with government officials, partners, and other key stakeholders at the national and state level
- Reports to the Country Director in reference to special requests, strategic planning, and program results and progress
- Provides leadership, supervision, support, guidance, and constructive feedback to staff and consultants, including the development and tracking of annual performance objectives
- Manages the operation of a unit, section, or a major function and typically directs the activities of supervisory personnel and oversees the work of others who do not directly report to the position
- Master's Degree or higher (or an International Equivalent) in Public Health or a related field
- Certification in project management. Qualification in Humanitarian action and/or Project Cycle Management and/or Monitoring & Evaluation
- Ability to travel up to 30% locally and periodic international trips.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, planning, management and technical skills working with health systems and community programs
- Five (5) or more years of leading program operations and logistics experience
- Previous supervisory experience of a minimum of three full time technical staff members required
- Cross-cultural work experience
- Strong consultative and negotiation skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to strategize, plan, and manage resources for successful completion of projects
- Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others
- Ability to build positive working relationships with district/state/national government officials, UN and other multilateral bodies, NGOs, and donor representatives
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English and fluent in host country language(s)
- Experience operating in challenging environments
- Commitment to Diversity.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549162 to apply for this job .