The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
- The purpose of the Grants Coordinator position is to provide essential grant management support to Head of Programme in delivering quality programmes in line with the NRC Country Office strategy and Plan of Actions.
- The Grants Coordinator reports to the Head of Program
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures
- Develop and maintain an overview of all grants, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines, including the filing of grant documents (including through the grants database).
- Organise and deliver training in donor rules and regulations, as well as proposal and report writing.
- Coordinate the development of donor applications and reports, as well as ensuring donor compliance and quality control and approvals from head office.
- Be updated on donor priorities and track and share relevant calls for proposals.
- Organise and lead grant operational meetings and document minutes and action points to be followed up with the implementation teams
- Contribute to developing and maintaining partner relations within Nigeria.
- Read and consolidate the reports and proposal before sending to Head Office/donors.
- Organise and lead go/no-go meetings in collaboration with the Country Management Group.
- Assist Head of Programme and Country Director in donor meetings according to the needs
- Between 3-5 years of relevant experience within the field of expertise.
- Relevant experience from the project management in the humanitarian sector.
- Experience from working with humanitarian and development donors
- Strong communication, coordination, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the humanitarian coordination framework.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of the context in Nigeria is an asset
- Budget development and management experience
- Planning and delivering results.
- Managing resources to optimize results.
- Handling insecure environments.
- Working with people.
- Communicate with impact and respect.
- A good sense of humor is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: June 2018
- Duration: 18 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Level: Grade 9 in NRC grade structure
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549106 to apply for this job .