If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients' projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
- Supervises on shift the operation of the units of the section to ensure that plant throughput and products meet Company requirements and specifications in the most economical and safe manner.
- Manage and implement assigned capital expenditure projects related to control system.
Key Results Area
- Monitor and maintain Control-Loop tuning on Process Control Systems to ensure the availability of best quality of control to the operators to meet operating targets.
- Co-ordinate and participate in the System Support multi-disciplinary teams, conduct regular system checks, perform system upgrades and take system backups regularly as a part of process monitoring to ensure best system reliability and integrity.
- As a part of system support teams, inform other members about system changes and problems and seek assistance to resolve system faults.
- Conduct regular control systems performance analyses to forecast and plan for system upgrades and enhancement for improvements.
- Prepare control system guidelines, standards, procedures and policies and keep it up to date.
- Prepare ERs to obtain budgetary approval from management for all assigned projects and follow up with expenditure reviews and forecasts to ensure adequate control and monitoring of project expenditure in line with the approved budget and schedule. Conduct cost benefit analyses with viable alternatives to ensure project benefits commensurate with costs.
- Prepare relevant documents such as project scope, feasibility and depth studies, business system designs, functional specifications, user procedures, conversion design, display and database configuration design and implementation plans for approval by all involved groups at relevant stages of the project towards effective implementation.
- Perform necessary detailed design tasks, coordinate and monitor all ancillary services including project drafting services, services by external groups such as Licences and approvals from regulatory bodies, work assigned to other departments and divisions, etc., to finalise working specifications, calculations and secure approval for all engineering documents and drawings by the concerned authorities.
- Prepare material and equipment specifications, issue requisitions, evaluate vendor offers, raise technical queries, and prepare technical bid analysis to ensure availability of all materials required for completing the construction work of the project
- Prepare "Project Turnovers" and "Work Orders" including all necessary documents (Scope of Work, specifications, drawings, material lists, etc.) for various executing groups. Provide technical assistance during project execution including approval, as needed, of construction and system specifications, contract documents for purchase of materials and services, technical analysis of vendor offers and purchase recommendations, to ensure that all project requirements are met.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Chemical or Process Engineering with emphasis on Control or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the oil refining, oil and gas production or petrochemical industries.
- Experience in handling multiple projects and providing engineering support in an operating refinery environment. Excellent analytical and good interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written. A thorough knowledge of Advance Process Control (APC), PID controllers tuning techniques, and industrial networks and protocols.
- A thorough knowledge of International Standards i.e. ISO, ISA, IEC, NIST, etc. and best practices related to cyber security. Must have the ability to write clear and concise reports, letters, proposals, memoranda and presentations.
- Review and approve instrument data sheets and the as built drawings in liaison with the site-based construction, operations and maintenance personal.
- Review and approve the project functional design spec., DCS system design drawings, database and construction procedures, including; DCS control schemes, Instrument functional diagrams, loop diagrams, assignments, etc..
- Review and approve the systems integration development, ensure safe, economic and technically sound decisions related to area of responsibility during EPC phase.
- Review & approve FAT and SAT procedures and attend the Testing the control systems during FAT and SAT test.
- Follow up with the EPC contractor the construction planning and progress on daily basis.
- Working on the definition and execution of instrumentation scope of work, man-hours estimates, manpower loading and schedules updates.
- Support the effort of resolving the pending and punched items during project stages.
- Review and approve the process logics as per the project specifications.
- Provide on-site inst./control engineering consultation during construction, pre-commissioning & commissioning stage. Witness and sign off construction activities as completed, including loop functional checks, pre-commissioning and commissioning of the new systems.
- Contribute to the development and preparation of the project budget through providing technical engineering inputs to ensure that the project’s requirements are met in timely and efficient manner in accordance with management expectations,’
- To participate in the budget preparation and carefully follow up the activities budgeted for the year and work out plans and schedules for timely execution within the year.
- Includes monitoring expenditure against budget through review of monthly expenditure reports and follows up with subordinates to prepare appropriate justifications for significant budget variances.
- Prepare and disseminate reports on a regular and ad hoc basis to ensure that all concerned parties are aware of the status of the work in progress of the projects undertaken in the plant from an engineering and technical perspective.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in all aspects of Project Control domain for implementation of Major projects for oil and gas industry, with at least 8 years in a Senior Supervisory level.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549018 to apply for this job .