A consulting firm seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Procurement Manager (PM) is responsible for buying the best quality equipment, goods and services for the company at the most competitive prices. The PM will examine business trends and markets and attempt to get the greatest value for the company's expenditure without sacrificing quality.
Reports to the Director overseeing procurement
Make all purchases in the best interests of Deux Project Limited (DPL).
Obtain quality supplies/services needed for delivery at the time and place required.
Buy from responsible sources of supply.
Obtain maximum value for all expenditures.
Develop a competitive procurement environment.
Deal fairly and impartially with all vendors.
Maintain dependable sources of supply.
Document each transaction as required by applicable laws and regulations.
Be above suspicion of unethical behavior at all times; avoid any conflict of interest or even the appearance of a conflict of interest in all DPL supplier relationships.
Report any wrongdoing, questionable or unethical behavior, threats to the integrity of the procurement process of DPL, regardless of the source, to the Head, HR for review and possible referral to Executive Management.
- Comply with procurement standard operation procedures
- Implement procurement strategies to maintain security of supply and optimum value for money
- Create purchase orders for local suppliers as well as International Suppliers.
- Ensure complete understanding of bid requirements, scope of work, and responsibilities are met.
- Resolves delivery problems and complaints, vendor disputes.
- Maintain records on purchase price information on both open market and contract purchases.
- Source new suppliers for different materials and maintains supplier database
- Evaluate vendor performance to determine the best suppliers with respect to delivery performance, pricing and quality of materials supplied etc.
- Provide periodic status reports to management on overall purchase of materials.
- Maintaining good relations with our suppliers.
- Perform all procurement and contracting activities including pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation and preparation of contracts.
- Ensures terms and condition are stated on LPO
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Perform cost scenario analysis and benchmarking
- Ensure quality, quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Process documentation for payments and send to finance dept.
- Maintain procurement and contract files for use as reference for future requirements.
- Ensure safe custody of security documents (LPO, Gate pass, SRV, Fuel Dispense Voucher) in his/her care
- Apply Deux Project anti –fraud, anti-corruption and compliance policies to all vendors.
- Maintain a blacklist register for defaulted vendors/suppliers.
- To submit weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the director in charge and to the board of directors and Finance dept
- Carry out other duties as may be directed by management as necessary.
- A bachelor's / master's degree in business, engineering, economics or an applied science, HND or degree in supply chain management, logistics
- Professional qualification through the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548957 to apply for this job .